“Amazing experience”

The Sugar Club Auckland
Ranked #49 of 1,978 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Sugar Club, sits majestically 53 floors above Auckland City and is the jewel in the crown at the top of the Sky Tower. With a Chef's menu that champions seasonality, combining the best in local sustainably sourced produce with the boldest flavours from around the world. The kitchen focuses on flavours and texture, whilst the dining room and bar are an experiential destination with breath-taking views of Auckland City and the Hauraki Gulf. There is no better way to re-define your dining experience with fine food, creative cocktails and a well curated wine list in a relaxed and chic atmosphere. Discover The Sugar Club, your destination for a dining experience that you will never forget.
Reviewed 26 November 2023 via mobile

We arrived and were taken to our seats where our waiter Ricki greeted us and went through the drinks menus and the food, we opted for the deluxe degustation menu without the wine as we had decided which wines we would like to complement the food. we started the evening with a cocktail, I had a fluffy duck which was yummy while hubby had a kiwi vine also delicious every single course was delicious we could not fault anything with the evening at all, it was very special and we ended it as started with cocktail and sunset..

Date of visit: November 2023

Reviewed 11 November 2023

Oustanding view from table, great food and wine, excellent service.

Good food choice, even with dietary requirements.

Service from our waiter Ricky was fantastic.

Date of visit: November 2023
Reviewed 6 November 2023 via mobile

I reserved for 5:00 p.m. slot "Bar only" through their websites, which has a minimum spend of 40 NZD. I availed of their happy hour, which gives a discounted rate for selected items such as Espresso Martini and Sourdough bread and butter. I also tried their Parsnip chips and mushroom parfait, which are so tasty. The ambience is chic, overlooking the harbor. Their staff is really amazing, too.
It was indeed a great experience as a solo traveler.

Date of visit: August 2023
Reviewed 14 October 2023 via mobile

Brilliant meal. Very good value for money for the quantity of the food. Expected it to be a bit touristy, but not at all. Staff very friendly.
Would definitely come back

Date of visit: October 2023
Reviewed 21 September 2023

I have been hoping to come to this place for a few years. Timing has never been right with it being booked well in advance normally. Getting a booking for our wedding anniversary was great.
Then I saw recent reviews and was a bit worried.
I have to say our experience was just fantastic.
The View was amazing,
Service from the moment we arrived until we left was fantastic.
The food was simply awesome.
Something that REALLY impressed me was the real attention the staff paid to my wifes food allergy (minor)
I on the other hand simply asked the waiter to "bring me food" (blind tasting) I was MORE than happy with the choices made for me.
A TINY issue. We were seated at the window and the AC was fairly cool. definitely this time of year not good with light clothing. My own fault for expecting it to be warm.
All in all the three in our party had 3 different choices of food and all 9 plates were just lovely to eat. Presentation was great without affecting portion size.
The price is definitely fine dining but well worth it for a special occasion.

Date of visit: September 2023