“Yummy!”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

We are locals and haven't visited Cafe Viet in a long time but it is still as good as always! My daughter and I started with the bang bang prawns and the cafe Viet spring rolls, both were delicious!
We chose to both have a small pho for our mains, this was delicious. They nailed the balance of flavours.
My husband had the pork belly hot pot which was melt in the mouth tender.
I was pleasantly surprised at the pricing on the wines by the bottle! Very reasonable and they had a great selection. The service was friendly and fast! We will be back to sample more of the menu soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Over for the WMG went to trip advisor for a recommendation for a restaurant in our area of Auckland and came across Cafe Viet! Booked in and had a sensational meal. Everyone at our table was very happy with their food.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I ate here with our daughter and enjoyed our meal. We had the bang bang prawns and the pho which were great. We also had the pork belly hot pot which was really good. The wine was well priced and the meals were great. We didn't wait long and had a good time. This is a good place and has some parking too. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

I have been to Cafe Viet several times and have always found the food and the service to be awesome!
There is a great selection of both food and beverages and they cater really well to people with a gluten intolerance.
The interior is funky and interesting and the staff are very helpful and friendly.
The only downside I would say is that it gets very noisy, but I guess that's because it is so busy which is a good thing.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Gave this a five star rating mainly due to the service, but the items the two of us tried were very tasty, especially the fried spring rolls wrapped in rice paper rolls.
Went early without booking but would probably pay to book as they got busier as the night progressed.
They have a range of seating options, including a large almost private alcove with at the time a large table seating around 10 with a table of 2 beside it. Situated on a busy corner there is a few parking spaces behind the building using the service entrance.
We would definitely go again when we often stay in the Ponsonby area as it is not far away.