“Very nice meal ”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I ate here with our daughter and enjoyed our meal. We had the bang bang prawns and the pho which were great. We also had the pork belly hot pot which was really good. The wine was well priced and the meals were great. We didn't wait long and had a good time. This is a good place and has some parking too. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

I have been to Cafe Viet several times and have always found the food and the service to be awesome!
There is a great selection of both food and beverages and they cater really well to people with a gluten intolerance.
The interior is funky and interesting and the staff are very helpful and friendly.
The only downside I would say is that it gets very noisy, but I guess that's because it is so busy which is a good thing.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Gave this a five star rating mainly due to the service, but the items the two of us tried were very tasty, especially the fried spring rolls wrapped in rice paper rolls.
Went early without booking but would probably pay to book as they got busier as the night progressed.
They have a range of seating options, including a large almost private alcove with at the time a large table seating around 10 with a table of 2 beside it. Situated on a busy corner there is a few parking spaces behind the building using the service entrance.
We would definitely go again when we often stay in the Ponsonby area as it is not far away.

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

From making the reservation, to arrival, to food, to paying: super friendly. The food was super yummie. Great meal.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

This would have to be the best Vietnamese meal I have had in Auckland to date - and I have had a few! The menu has rather different options, ls of seafood and vegetarian as well as the usual meat based dishes. It made it hard to decide what to have without over eating. Bang Bang Prawns are a must! I tried the Galangal Fish while my sister had the Fish wrapped in Banana leaf. Both so good we forgot to offer each other a taste! Durian ice cream was not available at this time of the year for us to try so we had the sago desert to share. What a flavor and texture sensation. Definitely will be back again.