“One of the best meals we had in New Zealand”
Review of Baduzzi

Baduzzi
Reserve a table
Ranked #8 of 1,982 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2024

Baduzzi is close to Auckland Marina and in a cool vibe part of the city. We arrived on a warm February evening and seats for us were found promptly by the friendly staff. The owners were enthusiastic about their restaurant and menu and felt our choices of lamb and pasta were good ones. The nicely cooked food was excellent and full of fresh ingredients and flavour. We were very satisfied with our first meal in New Zealand and it set a very high bar for our other NZ meals.

Date of visit: February 2024

Reviewed 5 May 2024

Had a dinner for four people to celebrate my son’s recent birthday and his forthcoming OE trip with his girlfriend.
We were looked after throughout the dinner and everyone’s interaction with us was excellent.
Excellent food and service!

Date of visit: May 2024
Review collected in partnership with www.restauranthub.co.nz
Reviewed 28 April 2024

One of my fav spots in the city, such a funky vibe, great food. Wine list a bit hard to navigate but cocktails good. Expensive but worth it.

Date of visit: February 2024
Reviewed 13 April 2024

Last night was my second time at Baduzzi and everything was exceptional.
Food was great and customer service was excellent and as a plus I overheard some Italian being spoken among some of the staff, and it was music to my ears! I might be biased because I'm passionate about the Italian language 😊 🇮🇹

Date of visit: April 2024
Michael Dearth, Owner at Baduzzi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2024

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, and we're delighted to hear everything was exceptional! We look forward to seeing you again next time, Grazie!

Reviewed 11 April 2024

This place gets everything right!
As a regular customer, and as someone working in the area, Baduzzi is where I find myself time and again.
It could be for a glass of wine and a nibble over a work conversation or for a bigger celebratory family meal, its my "go to" place.
Everything works, the decor and ambience is sophisticated and delightful, the staff are that wonderful mix of being both attentive, hospitable and warm, with the ability to "read the play" of their patrons.
The menu has that wonderful mixture of offering both small and larger plates that satisfies the simplest to the most discerning palate. There is something for everyone, and for any occasion.
The warm squid and cannellini bean salad, the cacio e pepe pasta, the wild red deer meatballs (polpette) are yummy! And just a few of my favorites.
There is plenty to choose from in the wine selection, including an extensive range from Italy, oh what a joy! The only addition I would make would be to include some NZ zero alcohol craft beers (and my husband might come more often).
This place is always a pleasure to visit. I keep going back....
Nicola

Date of visit: April 2024

Thank you for your comments, Nicola. We're always grateful to have our guests return to Baduzzi and are thrilled to hear you enjoy it every time. Thank you for your suggestion on the zero percent craft beer too, we will definitely look into that and hope to see your husband come more often too ;) Grazie!