“Quickly and tasty food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 December 2020 via mobile

Restaurant was an easy stroll from the hotel we were staying at. Very quick service and tasty food. The satay chicken skewers were very tasty as was the sweet and sour main. Staff were friendly.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank p_pebbles

Reviewed 2 November 2020

Went along with friends in expectance of a nice Thai meal. Definitely not the outcome.. Firstly they don't mention on their website or before you order that there is a minimum order quantity..?? Very expensive appetizers that are tiny and average.. $13 for 3 Prawns..
My friends rice was so hard you had to use a knife to saw through it.. and I didn't receive my meal until everyone else had finished so we were extremely rushed in getting to the concert we were meant to get to.
Turns out it wasn't even worth the wait for the food. Service was terrible and they didn't care about the late meal. Very very average food. If you want a nice Thai experience & meal, I do not recommend this place.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 2 October 2020

My daughter chose Thai Street for her birthday dinner and it couldn't have gone better....great communication, gorgeous staff and most importantly fabulous Thai food that had the taste buds singing! We loved the entire experience and WILL be back...thank you to the Thai Street team for making it such a special night.

Date of visit: October 2020
Review collected in partnership with www.restauranthub.co.nz
1  Thank 600maryannet
Reviewed 4 March 2020 via mobile

Disappointing. Recently went there with my family. Service was poor and food was average. As others have said in their reviews, there is definitely much better Thai food out there.
Do not order the crab fried rice. At worst, I thought it would be chopped up surimi. But it wasn’t even that. It was crab flavoured fried rice. When I asked the waiter and manager to look at it and point out the crab, neither of them could satisfactorily point out anything that resembled crab. So the manager retrieved “extra crab” for us to put on top of the fried rice.... a measly little bowl of crab pieces that were probably the size of lemon pips.
The other meals that we ordered could have come out of packet or a can... nothing special.
We were also denied wi-fi. Who denies their customers wi-fi these days??!!

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 2 February 2020

All my colleagues' orders had their food served, other than one and myself, who ordered the Oodles of Noodles (Pad Thai). We waited for a very long time, when some of my colleagues were almost finished their food.

I noticed that for those who order food with gravy, which doesn't require cooking, that was super fast.

For noodles, that required cooking took a long time. I requested less salt and less oil, and the answer was it was already premixed.

So, was the food worth the wait? Not at all; it was just the standard foodcourt quality, not the very good one that kind.

Date of visit: January 2020