“Local Cafe”

Ranked #1,723 of 2,360 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Ok so this is my local cafe, I literally live a stones through away and I hate to say I dont often dine here. It is always busy and very popular but I always find it a little lacking.
Love the old building and the setting by the park and Liquidambar trees is lovely.
Outside seating is popular with all the dog owners.
Cabinet food and blackboard menu food available.
This week I tried creamy mushrooms on ciabatta and I was disappointed, The sauce was very thin and runny and the meal looked like it had been sitting for a while before service. My friend had the paleo breakfast which was much more appealing.
Coffee was ok.
I would really love to wax lyrical about this cafe as it is my local but I am afraid there is just something lacking.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

I visited here with our children before our bike ride, and was disappointed in the service and the cost of what we ordered. We visited after what would be considered 'lunch time' however there were still many people in the café, the un-smiling staff were off putting.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Third time we have been there for breakfast. We have the Salmon eggs bene & hot chocolates. Yummy every time, we sit on outside tables. Consistent with their standards of the food. The selection of food in the cabinet is also good. Busy all the time. The only little hiccup is finding a park. But then when we do, we get the sun, the breeze & good food. Lovely experience. Our breakfast for two ranges from $50-$75.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

Great cafe! We had a pizza and some nibbles which were tasty! Service was friendly and timely and the atmosphere was just right. Would recommend to anyone in Hobsonville and the surrounding areas who are looking for satisfying food at a reasonable price, and in a great location!!

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

We arrived at the cafe gone 2.30pm and were told the kitchen was closed. I asked if there was anything gluten free and I had a lovely Palio muffin and salad. I was looking forward to egg and chips but was told as the kitchen was closed I couldn't have it. Having eaten my meal which was lovely,I saw someone sitting at a table eating chips. How come I couldn't have them as by then it was after 3.0pm. Slightly disappointed.