“Great spot for breakfast or lunch”
Review of Best Ugly Bagels

Best Ugly Bagels
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Montreal style bagelry and cafe. Watch bakers baking fresh bagels in a huge wood fired oven. Grab a made to order bagel sandwich + coffee and enjoy the show.
Reviewed 2 May 2017

We went to Best Ugly for breakfast twice in our 5 day stay in Auckland. They have a great variety of sandwiches on yummy bagels. The customer service was great, and you can watch them rolling out the bagels and baking them. They also serve good coffee. Highly recommend this place.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Have been here a few times, and it is now a tradition, when in Auckland, must go to Best Ugly. Watching the bakers make the bagels is fun, and perhaps, educational. The coffee is also good. Love this place.

Date of visit: April 2017
BESTUGLY, Manager at Best Ugly Bagels, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Thanks for the brilliant review Aussietraveller.

I'm glad we've become an Auckland tradition for you!

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Best Ugly Bagels definitely the bests tasting bagels I've ever had.

I ordered a "Schmearz" toasted sesame bagel, which has organic Zeus cream cheese and added some bacon to it. It was really good.

The "Chikaboom" tasted fantastic -chicken, rocket/yoghurt sauce and topped with spring onion and almonds.

Also had a "Banarama" which was mega tasty too. It has banana slices, maple mascarpone and topped with choc sauce and chopped peanuts. Lovely!!

Thanks for the review Nicole,

I've never actually had a schmear with bacon, although Ive certainly made a few.

Gotta try this combination, it makes my mouth water just thinking of it...

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Reasonably priced. Up there with our favourite bagels from new York, and london Jewish bagel shop. You will be hard pushed to find a better value and tastier experience than this place and so central too!

Good value, substantial, nice ambience, hand made in front of you, coffee to go as well.

Thanks for the review Jisagod2u,

Being ranked with bagels from NY and London sure makes us feel proud of what we do!

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

I love bagels and when I heard about this shop I immediately went to try it. I went here about 2 weeks ago and I ordered their Koko bagel, which is a toasted bagel with their own hazelnut chocolate spread.

The bagel is thinner than what I'm used to, nonetheless it tasted really good. Their hazelnut spread is delicious as well, not as sweet as the Nutella but I preferred it that way. I'm not sure if the price is in the upper side, since from where I came from everything is cheaper, but the Koko bagel costs 5 dollars.

They also serve the bagels in a thin wooden plate that is thrown away after you finished eating. I'm not sure if those plates are being recycled, but I sure hope they do because I find that to be wasteful.

Anyway I'm definitely planning to go back and try the other selections!

Date of visit: April 2017

Regarding the plates we do put these in the fire during winter which as well as keeping you warm keeps them out of land fill.
We are moving to a new compostable plate very shortly :)