“Breakfast with a smile”

Ronnies Cafe and Bakery
Reviewed 16 October 2018

We called in here on a couple of occasions when staying in Auckland for Coffee and Breakfast buns. Great service and always with a smile. Very good value.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Whenever I travel to this wonderful South Pacific island nation, it's imperative that I can easily find local eats like meat pies, bacon and egg sandwiches, mini dessert pies, cookie bars which included the white chocolate raspberry and peppermint chocolate, as well as other greats, and this place certainly satisfied my taste buds.

They had so much in their many display cases, I moved at a snail's pace trying to decide what to buy (which in reality, would have easily been almost the whole shop) .
Nonetheless, I did find something to consume for that day and would recommend going here if you want foods from the choices I mentioned above.

If you somehow don't fancy what's available on display, they also have menus if you want something made personally. I generally like to see what's available on display and then simply buy it to take home and eat later.
However, on my second visit to this joint, I did order from their menu and get the 'Big Breakfast', which consists of 4 pieces of bacon, 2 sausages, 2 hash browns, 2 cooked tomatoes, 2 cooked eggs, and 4 pieces of toast, and it was very delicious!

I would only say that the Chinese owners and staff are not the friendliest and I felt like I as always being watched with a suspicious eye when trying to decide what I wanted. They also don't want people taking photos of all their food (for whatever reason unknown). I think it personally helps a business so that the traveling public near and far can see what an establishment has to offer, but nonetheless fellow travelers, no photos of their food (except for what I paid for).

Finally, the big breakfast which was $18.50 (which is about 11.99 US), I paid in full (and with exact change) yet they gave me back 45.00 (as if I had paid 63.50) according to the receipt.
I demanded they take the change as it was not mine but they said to keep it. I insisted they keep it again but they said to just take it.

While there was not argument, I was left quite perplexed and a little bit irritated, and although I enjoyed the Big Breakfast and the food that is offered, I would probably not go back there again just because of the atmosphere I felt in the two times I visited.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 2 September 2018

We had a light lunch here and were happy with all aspects. The options in the well lit cabinets with prices easily read made this a pleasurable experience. Coffees were delivered to our table were hot and a large cup is large ! Which delighted me.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Great for snacks, sandwiches, cakes, pies, coffee, tea, whatever you may want. They have a lot of stuff made up ready to go, just load up your tray and take it to the register, or, you can order breakfast, toasties etc. The breakfasts were great and very good value.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Just around the corner from the sky tower.
The white hot chocolate was amazingly sweet! Good value for money. Good selection of snacks and desserts.