“Country luncheon”
Review of Calendula Cottage

Calendula Cottage
Ranked #444 of 1,980 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Reviewed 18 September 2020 via mobile

A lovely country cafe to visit for lunch. Pretty setting. Both cabinet and menu food was delicious and excellent choice of wines.

Date of visit: September 2020

Reviewed 16 June 2020 via mobile

We went to our local as were able to take our dog too. Food was nice, especially the desserts. Service was ok, one staff was friendly & had a smile, the others sullen & disinterested. We had brioche French toast, pictured & pumpkin fritters which were beautiful & delicious

Date of visit: June 2020
3  Thank YvonneWR
Reviewed 12 March 2020 via mobile

It’s a very pretty setting.

My partner and I went for breakfast. The food was adequate if uninspiring but the service definitely needs boosting. The girl behind the counter was friendly but no other staff made any contact. Food was delivered and plates cleared with zero interaction. We asked for a coffee to be heated, this was done but with no verbal contact. If you like standard fare and aren’t bothered if the staff talk to you it’s fine.

Reviewed 27 February 2020 via mobile

My daughter and I felt like a nice big breakfast and we remembered how lovely the food was here after last time a couple of years ago. I ordered The Stack as I'm a mushroom fanatic and daughter the eggs Benedict - her favourite. This visual delight appeared not long after ordering. Beautiful in taste and looks we thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful. Lovely garden setting and a pleasure sitting and looking at the surroundings in our ever continuing hot summer. I decided to try a sweet treat and the Banofee Pie was exceedingly good but beat me after a few mouthfuls. A case of eyes being bigger than the belly!!! It came home for hubs treat! All in all a very pleasant interlude.

1  Thank 1818Chrissy67
Reviewed 9 February 2020

I have visited Calendula Cottage several times as I really like the setting. It is a unique country setting in a nice garden with little summer houses. In general the service is fairly average - neither good nor bad. However, when I visited yesterday the service was appalling. I asked if there were vegan options, and the staff member on the till just dismissively waved her hand toward the menu and said "it's on there'. I picked up the menu as she fanned her face (not the best look) and while there were vegetarian options, I could not see anything vegan. That is OK - usually a cafe can accommodate if you ask them to make a vege option vegan, but this time I could not be bothered to begin the process. There was no eye contact, not niceties, just disinterest. My partner and I left and I won't go back on principle. I