“OMG!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2018

A totally awesome experience! It would take a small book for me to give all the amazing details about this restaurant...awesome food, awesome prices (except the beers), awesome staff. Love the décor, the vibe, the noise and everything about this place. If you like tasty Mexican style food, or just want to try it for the first time then this is the place to go! Not California style Mexican but variety some have never heard of before. Don't pay too much attention to the chili ratings on the menu - my tummy needs mild food but when the wait staff said that the 2 chili range was not too hot she knew what she was talking about! I had 2 chili range in my fish taco and my pork quesadilla and had no problems. The sauces that come with each dish are different and amazing, and the guacamole is to die for! They say a new menu is coming shortly so we will be back to have the freshest, best NZ Mexican food ever! Thanks guys for making our evening out so awesome!

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

After visiting a nearby hotel and experiencing really poor service we actually walked out went across the road and was greeted with an amazing smile and the service was simply exceptional and have no hesitation in recommending this place. Would definitely be back and the food was exceptional just to add! Thankyou!

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Where do I start on how amazing the team at Mexico in Ponsonby are! I am blown away every time I come, and I am a regular visitor to the best restaurant in the CBD. The food is always fresh, delicious and paired with impeccable service from start to finish. When I have made bookings and brought family along, they always do their best to find us a table and make sure we are looked after every time. Top quality, attention to detail in every respect. This Mexico is the BEST out of all of them, and we will always be back! I could not recommend this place more for a fantastic night!

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We didn't have a booking but they squeezed us in anyway. I had the prawn salad and a San gria - both amazing. The staff were lovely too, especially the young Mexican guy

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

This place has awesome food and in small portions which is awesome so that you can try out much of the menu. Love their white cola!