“Pleasant enough. Extensive wine list.”
Review of Andiamo Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Andiamo Restaurant & Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

I met my friend for an early evening dinner mid week. I liked the atmosphere. The place was quiet and service was good. We had entrees and salads. My friend had salmon and I had fried beef cheeks. I liked the concept but in all honesty, the food was simple but bland. Neither of us said 'yum' and that in my books is disappointing. I was not inspired but maybe the mains are better? The seating is very basic so older people would not enjoy long dinners!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Enjoyable but not as good as I remember it. Service was patchy. The restaurant was busy which may have explained it. Food was generally good. I will definitely return and try it again as I have such great memories of wonderful meals there.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Having enjoyed Andiamo as our reliable local for great food, service and ambiance we were left disappointed.

An anniversary dinner we ordered scallops (entree) and chicken risotto and duck with sweet potato purée (main). The scallop wrapped in bacon on colcannon dish was enormous. A huge portion of colcannon would have been fine at breakfast, but the bacon and scallop were unevenly and undercooked (raw rather than tenderly rare in the centre).

The chicken risotto had torn roast chicken laid on the top and the sweet potato purée was a huge lump of dry mash!

The wine was good, but we didn't stay long. The restaurant was empty and you could see why when the food lacked such finesse and there is so much locally which will now be getting our $185!

Staff charming as ever but you have to get the food basics right!

Reviewed 9 September 2016

I had decided this could be my new local favourite after my first experience. I took my husband there on the weekend to celebrate Fathers Day.

From sitting down at a table not set up, waiting nearly half an hour to order our food, a waitress seeing to us a total of 1 time, food taking long and then we asked to borrow a pen. She completely forgot. When the food came, we had to get her back to get us some cutlery.

My husbands eggs were undercooked and what was worse, there was a hair in my eggs. I'm not dramatic or a germaphobe so said I would put it aside and eat it. I did tell them though and they were nice enough to not charge me for it but paying at the end was really awkward. They saw the error and obviously didn't charge but the italian guy who works there ended with "It was so strange, as none of our staff have this type of hair" , he says this while staring at my husbands hair and mine as if to say, it must have been yours. Nope, we don't have short grey hairs and I didn't appreciate a good gesture being turned into fmaking us feel like we were to blame.

Fair to say I won't be going back there now. A shame because the food tastes pretty good and we were possible repeats customers.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Another one of Auckland's restaurant that one could easily pass. This restaurant is a little down the way from Ponsonby's main eating track. This place becomes particularly busy during Sunday brunch. The meals are usually in NZ$ 18-20 range. A latte costs $4.50