“My second visit was a complete disaster”
Review of Andiamo Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Andiamo Restaurant & Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2016

I had decided this could be my new local favourite after my first experience. I took my husband there on the weekend to celebrate Fathers Day.

From sitting down at a table not set up, waiting nearly half an hour to order our food, a waitress seeing to us a total of 1 time, food taking long and then we asked to borrow a pen. She completely forgot. When the food came, we had to get her back to get us some cutlery.

My husbands eggs were undercooked and what was worse, there was a hair in my eggs. I'm not dramatic or a germaphobe so said I would put it aside and eat it. I did tell them though and they were nice enough to not charge me for it but paying at the end was really awkward. They saw the error and obviously didn't charge but the italian guy who works there ended with "It was so strange, as none of our staff have this type of hair" , he says this while staring at my husbands hair and mine as if to say, it must have been yours. Nope, we don't have short grey hairs and I didn't appreciate a good gesture being turned into fmaking us feel like we were to blame.

Fair to say I won't be going back there now. A shame because the food tastes pretty good and we were possible repeats customers.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Another one of Auckland's restaurant that one could easily pass. This restaurant is a little down the way from Ponsonby's main eating track. This place becomes particularly busy during Sunday brunch. The meals are usually in NZ$ 18-20 range. A latte costs $4.50

Reviewed 22 August 2016

I booked the restaurant for a special occasion and was quite disappointed.. Being an Italian restaurant i was surprised that firstly all the pasta was not home made and secondly there were only 2 pasta dishes on the menu. The menu on the night did not match the menu online.
The was no consistency with the meals around the table. My tuna was over cooked and dry. they did replace it, but with their reputation, I don't expect a dish like that leaving the kitchen!
will not be back.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Went with a group of friends for a weekend brunch. Service from male maitre d' was lovely - we were welcomed genuinely and offered water to start. Service from female staff was perfunctory at best, rude at worst. One staff member kept rolling her eyes - she thought we couldn't see her - was directed at the bar staff member who was making coffee. It was a bit embarrassing for her, really, as no one was even making a request or acting out - she was simply delivering food and then clearing plates a the time. Perhaps her eye-rolling was not about our table but her predicament in general, however it was a bad look either way, and made us feel like an inconvenience. Food was tasty although the hash browns were so crispy they reminded me of a bird's nest. This establishment needs a good polishing in terms of service provision to customers.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

We decided to go here with friends who have also had a great affiliation with andiamo but it wasn't to be tonight it took some time for the maitre d to find us as we walked in the door and the service went downhill from there there was poor service and no service all at once. The food was less than average we only had one good meal in four,over cooked tuna dry and horrible pork the steak was ok as was the risotto, desserts left a lot to be desired the gloss is gone as have we.