“A wonderful day of sights in Auckland”

Twin Harbours Tours
Ranked #62 of 181 Tours in Auckland Central
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Let these passionate kiwis take you on a boutique family-run tour of fantastic Auckland and the region, showing you our favourite spots and incorporating your interests. There's nothing like exploring a fabulous new location with locals. Our passion is that you leave us having experienced something of why we love diverse, beautiful Auckland so much. Feel free to get in touch to discuss your requirements. We can pick you up from, or drop you off at anywhere, after we have let our beautiful country awaken your senses, rekindle your soul and excite your imagination.
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

We loved this excursion. Ian and his daughter were a delight and they knew a lot of history and information along the tour. We saw the best of Auckland without all the crowds. The black sand beaches was one of my favorite stops. We walked along the beach barefoot and took great photos. We even stopped at a cafe for a coffee and treat mid morning. It was not a disappointment. We had a 7 hour tour and it was worth every penny!

ian b, General Manager at Twin Harbours Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Thank you Patricia for taking the time to write a review! It was such a pleasure to spend the day with you, and I hope the rest of your tour went well,
Kind regards,
Fleur and Ian

Reviewed 22 April 2017

My buddy and I traveled to NZ on a hunting trip in April. We had a few days in Auckland both prior to and after hunting the South Island. We arranged for Ian and Fleur to handle our multiple transfers to/from the airport to Auckland CBD. Over the course of our trip and the transfers, we rode with both Ian and Fleur. Great people...super personable, great conversationalists, and on-time. Their vehicles were top notch and comfortable.

The best experience was the tour we had on our last full day in NZ. Ian gave us the equivalent of a chef's tour...we saw some great sites on the North Island and had a late lunch with Ian to cap it off. I wish I could find an original way to describe Ian, however, the other reviewers here nailed it as well as anything: It was like taking a tour with an old friend. Ian's knowledge of NZ and the sights coupled with his personality made the day very memorable.
On our last transfer to the airport, we asked to stop at One Tree Hill and Fleur happily took us. Her commentary on the history of the park as well as on the scenic backroads to the airport made it a great last experience in NZ.
I would highly recommend these guys - for transfer and/or tours. Great people.

1  Thank MNJohn952
ian b, Owner at Twin Harbours Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

John, that's such a kind review, thank you so much! It was a pleasure hosting you both and we look forward to seeing you again, Ian and Fleur

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful time with Ian and Fleur. They were so friendly, it was like we had known them for a long time. Our friend Barbara had recommended Twin Harbours, so we were with them on our first 2 days in Auckland. Fleur was so knowledgeable about everything, no question was too much, and she showed us places we would never have been able to see in Southern Auckland. Ian showed us the lovely beaches and towns on the coast on Northern Aukland the second day. As we are sailors, he also took us to his outstanding yacht club. We were very impressed by their professional, but very kind service and recommend them both very highly.

Thank you MaryLou! It was only a pleasure to spend time with you, I hope we get to meet again. All the best, Ian, Fleur and Heather

Reviewed 22 October 2016

Husband and I took the 5 hour tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. We saw beaches, small towns, and all the sights you could want to see. The price was very reasonably priced. We would definitely recommend this tour.

ian b, Manager at Twin Harbours Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Hello and thanks very much for taking time to come here and write a review. I (Fleur) really enjoyed meeting you and showing you around our beautiful city. I hope the rest of your trip went really well. Fleur

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 March 2016

I arranged for a three-hour layover tour on my way back home from Australia to the U.S. Fleur met me at the airport and managed to tell and show me a lot about New Zealand's natural beauty and history despite wet, dark and rainy conditions. Fleur is very knowledgeable, easy to talk with and answered any and all questions I had about the country. I appreciated her positive attitude even though the weather left much to be desired. Would recommend this tour company to friends and family.

1  Thank Sarah M

Hi - it was such a delightful evening with you, Sarah! It was so unfortunate that it was a black rainy night but I am glad you found some enjoyable elements to your tour. It was a pleasure to meet you and we wish you all the best,
Fleur