“Personal service by a friend”

Twin Harbours Tours
Ranked #62 of 181 Tours in Auckland Central
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Let these passionate kiwis take you on a boutique family-run tour of fantastic Auckland and the region, showing you our favourite spots and incorporating your interests. There's nothing like exploring a fabulous new location with locals. Our passion is that you leave us having experienced something of why we love diverse, beautiful Auckland so much. Feel free to get in touch to discuss your requirements. We can pick you up from, or drop you off at anywhere, after we have let our beautiful country awaken your senses, rekindle your soul and excite your imagination.
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful time with Ian and Fleur. They were so friendly, it was like we had known them for a long time. Our friend Barbara had recommended Twin Harbours, so we were with them on our first 2 days in Auckland. Fleur was so knowledgeable about everything, no question was too much, and she showed us places we would never have been able to see in Southern Auckland. Ian showed us the lovely beaches and towns on the coast on Northern Aukland the second day. As we are sailors, he also took us to his outstanding yacht club. We were very impressed by their professional, but very kind service and recommend them both very highly.

ian b, Owner at Twin Harbours Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Thank you MaryLou! It was only a pleasure to spend time with you, I hope we get to meet again. All the best, Ian, Fleur and Heather

Reviewed 22 October 2016

Husband and I took the 5 hour tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. We saw beaches, small towns, and all the sights you could want to see. The price was very reasonably priced. We would definitely recommend this tour.

ian b, Manager at Twin Harbours Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Hello and thanks very much for taking time to come here and write a review. I (Fleur) really enjoyed meeting you and showing you around our beautiful city. I hope the rest of your trip went really well. Fleur

Reviewed 25 March 2016

I arranged for a three-hour layover tour on my way back home from Australia to the U.S. Fleur met me at the airport and managed to tell and show me a lot about New Zealand's natural beauty and history despite wet, dark and rainy conditions. Fleur is very knowledgeable, easy to talk with and answered any and all questions I had about the country. I appreciated her positive attitude even though the weather left much to be desired. Would recommend this tour company to friends and family.

1  Thank Sarah M

Hi - it was such a delightful evening with you, Sarah! It was so unfortunate that it was a black rainy night but I am glad you found some enjoyable elements to your tour. It was a pleasure to meet you and we wish you all the best,
Fleur

Reviewed 20 March 2016

Ian was a wealth of information while providing a private group tour of Auckland and environs; he was flexible to accommodate the needs of the group while offering recommendations based on his knowledge and experience. The long day trip to Rotorua was outstanding, affording both beautiful countryside and learning about Maori history and culture. The glowworm caves are a must-do. Thanks Ian for a wonderful time and fond memories of our trip.

1  Thank Steve H
ian b, Owner at Twin Harbours Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Hi, thanks so much for this review; we are so glad you enjoyed your tour. There is such diversity over short distances in this part of the North Island, it's lovely that you had the time to spend a whole day with us and see so much.

Hopefully we get the chance to look after you again
Regards,
Ian

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 February 2016

Fleur picked us up near airport and gave us a great tour of Auckland and surrounding area. We saw some scenic beaches and country that our packaged tour didn't include. We discovered a great restaurant out in wine country, good food and view. Can't remember it's name but I'm sure Fleur does. Definitely the way to go if you have some extra time. Pat, Phil & gang

1  Thank Patricia B

Hi, I am so late to reply to this - it was such a lovely day with your lovely party! I am glad you enjoyed the day. We ate at a place called Provenance Eatery, and it is now closed, unfortunately. Thanks for the great review, and we hope the rest of your trip went well also,

Kind regards