“I bought a selection of expensive”
Review of Vaniye Patisserie

Vaniye Patisserie
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: Parnell
Description: Vaniyé has been awarded in 2019 and 2021 Best French patisserie/bakery and cake shop in New Zeland by the French NZ Chamber of Commerce. We create birthday cakes, handmade chocolates, French pastries, macarons, French desserts. We deliver in Auckland and NZ wide.
Reviewed 14 April 2020 via mobile

I bought a selection of expensive French style small cakes. I admit they do look wonderful but are all completely tasteless. Very disappointed. They all tasted similar and had hardly any flavour. I have had similar in Paris but they seemed to have more taste. A real shame

Date of visit: April 2020
Lolotxt, Owner at Vaniye Patisserie, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2020

Dear Sherpa7565570,
Your review has come as a big surprise to us, especially since you mention that you visited us in April. We have not been operating at all since 22ndMarch with our shop closed due to Covid-19 confinement in New Zealand. Our desserts are known to be distinct and flavourful, which you can see from all the reviews we have had, and the awards we have received. We have international renowed pastry chefs visiting us every year with complete opposite review to you. We appreciate every review, whether good or bad. I realize that everyone has a personal taste preferences. however in a scenario where you critiqued that everything on the menu is bad, a more constructive criticism, precise and genuine feedback would be much more appreciated, especially if you believed it was that bad.

When we reopen again after the Covid-19 lockdown has been lifted, I invite you to visit our patisserie again and please ask for me this time. I am the owner and the chef here and would appreciate what you would have to say, and help you find desserts that might better suit your tastebuds.

Take care, stay safe and be kind to others during this Covid-19 global crisis.

Regards,
Sonia Haumonte.

Reviewed 14 February 2020 via mobile

We went here for coffee and stood at the counter. We were completely ignored - barista didn't make eye contact and the lady serving made no effort whatsoever to acknowledge us. We have travelled around NZ for four weeks and have never had such dreadful service! We left and went to one of the many other cafes in Parnell. Avoid..

Date of visit: February 2020
2  Thank Nicola B
Lolotxt, Owner at Vaniye Patisserie, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2020

Dear Nicola,

Thanking for bringing this to our attention. On behalf of our entire team, my sincerest apology for the negative service that you have received during your Valentines visit.
As the owner and chef, it is important for me to maintain our high standard of quality and service at all time despite how busy or quiet it may be.
Almost all of the reviews we received in the past for our Front of House service are very positive, so obviously this is very upsetting. I have shared your comment with everyone in the team, both front service and kitchen, to remind us all how important it is to make sure our client are treated well no matter what the situation, and how is essential it is to acknowledge the presence of new customers walking in even if we are busy serving or talking to other customers.

We hope you can accept our apology and that you would consider giving us a second chance if you visiting Parnell again in the future.
Sonia.

Reviewed 3 December 2019 via mobile

The cake is delicious without any doubt. My friends told me this is one of the best cake she had. The service is also good. A e-mail came to follow up with details. I thought this is best service far above average.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank 201911Year
Reviewed 3 December 2019

the presentation and delivery timeframe and overall service was top notch, as well as the cake itself was beautiful and yummy.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 12 November 2019 via mobile

I ordered a Tiramisu cake for my daughter’s birthday and it was great. Light and not too sweet. Beautiful.

Date of visit: October 2019