“Every special small place”
Review of Vaniye Patisserie

Vaniye Patisserie
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Vaniye is a Contemporary luxury Parisian style Patisserie in Parnell. We’re passionate about the refined art of delicate desserts, bringing you a new sensory experience starting from visual presentation through to the intense aromas and flavours from our quality ingredients.Complimentary to our fine desserts, we serve organic Kokako coffee, Harney&Sons tea, and our home made Valrhona hot chocolate. We welcome you to our boutique where our hôte/hôtesse will personally guide you through our many culinary delights. Vaniye is the sweet side of fine dining.
Reviewed 12 November 2016

An amazing place that create works of art that taste amazing. Truely French. Something for everyone. Good for small numbers so don't turn up with the family

Reviewed 27 October 2016

The patisserie items looked wonderful and maybe I should have had one to balance out the coffee experience.
It is rare in Auckland 2016 to come across a bad coffee but this was not only bad coffee but bad service. After having my order taken it took 10 minutes to get my coffee, bearing in mind that I was the only coffee order. A lady who came after me and was choosing cakes was waited for and then seen to, while my long black waited to be made. When it came, it looked like Kona coffee circa 1990 and tasted equally bad. The coffee had spilled down all sides of the cup just to ram home the inattention to detail. I took two mouthfuls and left, was I just unlucky?

Sonia H, Owner at Vaniye Patisserie, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2016

I'm really sorry that you've had a negative experience in our patisserie. I am the owner and chef and it is very important for me to make sure that all my customers leave with a good experience and treated professionally.
We've had several problems with our coffee machine pressure and water pump this week during service hours. Our front of house staff should have informed you of the situation and of the delay as we had to leave the machine pressure to get to the right level before making the shots. I have to sincerely apologize for this. My front staff should have asked you to let them know and propose a new cup if the coffee is not good. We serve Kokako coffee, which is a top quality brand and can assure you that we always get beautiful compliments as there is a very high quality control as well as constant staff training on the machines.
Please accept my apology. I will talk to our team and ensure they know how to handle such a situation. Please don't hesitate to let us know the next time you visit us as well so that we can give you some complementary coffees/treats for your next visit.
Sonia.

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

We were there to purchase a few bashed goods for a morning tea and also to have a coffee and cake. Found that the selection was relatively limited, but that could be due to it being the end the day. Prices were quite up there, but it matched the items, which looked absolutely prefect.

1  Thank LeoL3100
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Superb patisserie - world class, good coffee and baguettes. I always get my special event cakes from Vaniye and my family and friends love them.

1  Thank sw723
Reviewed 2 September 2016

I can't fault the quality and taste of just about everything served at this place. But on my most recent visit with a business client, I apparently wasn't charged for the milk in my coffee, so the lady approached us and asked for an extra 80 cents. That's a bit embarrassing and quite frankly wasn't our fault. Nothing against the lady herself, maybe the owners made her do it, but I found it was a bit ridiculous.

1  Thank Swilankan
Sonia H, Owner at Vaniye Patisserie, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2016

Hi Anne,
Thank you for the compliment and for informing us of your last experience. We try our best to always keep the standard to the highest level, in both products and service. I have to apologise on behalf of my front of house staff. In a situation like this we wouldn't have asked you to pay the difference, but as she hasn't been with us for too long and still fairly new in the hospitality industry, I'm assuming she was trying to do what she thought was correct. I apologize again and assure you I will have a talk with her so she would know how to deal with situations in the future.
Regards,