1,385 results
All reviews loft suite classic room lovely boutique corner bar mid century the complimentary continental breakfast new zealand welcome drink muesli small hotel sitting room comfortable bed the location is perfect valet parking the heart of the city street noise ferry terminal
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This Art Deco hotel is well worth a stay. Rooms very comfortable and breakfast very tasty in a wonderful eating area. Close to centre of Auckland.

Stayed at end of long set of flights from UK. The comfortable bed much appreciated.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jontywheeler
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Centrally located the DeBrett offers everything you need for a stay in Auckland. The decor is stylish but slightly whacky and has been done with great imagination and flair. We had a courtyard suite overlooking the dining room which was rather fun. The bed was very soft, maybe a little too soft, but once you got into a comfy position you went spark out for the night. Since we were here last ownership has changed an The Kitchen has altered, for dinner it is more of a grill and for breakfast there is a much reduced choice, however if you like the offerings it is all cooked well.
Other than the physical things the best thing about the DeBrett is the service delivered by every member of staff, it really makes it a joy to stay there. Even after we left we got an almost immediate email asking if we had left apiece of jewellery in the room (we hadn’t). A great little hotel

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank manofekent
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a fabulous hotel, an oasis of calm in the middle of the city centre.
Very friendly welcome shown our room which was lovely room 1.5 on the corner of the hotel overlooking the agree but, thanks to really good double glazing amazingly quiet. Lots of drinks options hot & cold available in the room & fresh milk supplies on request.
Really comfy bed furniture and lighting fun & colourful l could easily have spent more time in this lovely room.
Complimentary breakfast fresh & delicious kept us going all day. We had an outstanding meal in the restaurant in the evening, prepared to order, presentation quality & taste delicious.
The staff in all departments extremely helpful & friendly. I highly recommend.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephanie B
Reviewed 7 October 2018

This was where we spent our first two days in NZ and we could not have chosen a better spot. Our plane landed super early and the staff was very accommodating in keeping our luggage and contacting us as soon as the room was ready. I was so in love with the bathroom I am determined to steal some of those ideas for a remodel! The decor was beautiful throughout the hotel and and the area is great for walking, shopping, museums and the like. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank graceangel67
Reviewed 25 September 2018

After staying in several luxury hotels in a row, I found myself regretting going "boutique" in Auckland for our final stop (I'm not hip. I'm middle-aged, but was urged on by Trip Advisor reviews). Once I was settled in by the friendly staff, though, I saw the light. The reviewers are all correct; this is the ideal place to stay if you want to see Auckland. When you wake up in your comfortable soft bed, go ahead and make some French pressed coffee (they deliver the fresh milk to your door). Then pop down the hall for your free continental breakfast (very fresh fruit, yogurt and granola with more coffee any way you'd like it). Get cleaned up in the large bathroom and walk out the door to find yourself in the center of everything Auckland has to offer. Great fun. I ended up looking upon the patrons of the waterfront luxury places with pity...they don't know what they missed.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple