1,363 results
All reviewsloft suiteclassic roomlovely boutiquecorner barmid centurythe complimentary continental breakfastnew zealandwelcome drinkmueslismall hotelsitting roomother guestscomfortable bedthe location is perfectthe heart of the cityvalet parkingstreet noise
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Server was Luke- Lamb was divine. Excellent environment for a business dinner. Excellent all round- thank you to Luke for your wonderful service.

We arrived at 7PM and enjoyed the ambience. The server offered us different wine options. The dessert was divine, parfait.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank 507cianw
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Good parts: Room was cosy and comfortable, toilet was fancy, walking distance to shopping street. Bad parts: Service was average, complimentary breakfast lacks variety and I got sick (literally) after the 2nd day.

Stayed: May 2018
2  Thank JanKoh123
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

During our time in Auckland, we had originally checked into a completely different and truly horrible hotel (not the Debrett). We left that hotel without even staying the night, and had to find a place very quickly. Thanks to Trip Advisor, we saw that the Debrett had nights discounted through one of TA‘s partner sites. We quickly booked three nights and had the BEST service and stay we could have asked for.

Though the hotel was short-staffed on the night we checked in, the gentleman on duty was so kind. He told us all about the hotel, parked our car, and gave us some tips for our trip.

After visiting our earlier hotel disaster, the room at Hotel Debrett was like a dream. The beautifully striped carpet was plush under our feet. The mattress was soft. The deep soaking tub had salt crystals sitting next to it. There was a beautiful velvet robe hanging on a hook for me. The toilet was in a separate water closet. The tv‘s came out from the wall and could be rotated. The hotel room itself was utterly quiet.

The stay came with continental breakfast. I’ve read some reviews mentioning that people were put off by this, maybe because they thought it would be more substantial of an offering. But let me be clear- calorically speaking, this is a substantial meal. A buttery, flaky, freshly baked croissant and roll with fresh jam and butter, Müsli with yogurt, and fresh cut fruit plus coffee or tea.... when you add that all up it’s plenty to see you through until lunch... for me it was enough to eat until dinner! I had an omelette on our last day, because eating the same thing daily does get old. But that free breakfast is still delicious and is of high quality.

We loved our stay here. The valet service was a lifesaver, as it’s a bit difficult to find parking in this popular shopping area. It was so convenient to walk anywhere from here. I walked to go shopping (so many fun boutiques and stores within walking distance), to the wharf to visit Waiheke Island, and along the viaduct to visit delicious restaurants.

We didn’t want to leave. Luckily you can buy the velvet robes... I purchased a lovely turquoise velvet robe to wear at home! Thanks to the courteous staff of Hotel Debrett for a very memorable experience. I’d stay again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank HollisBrooke
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Very good dinner at Kitchen DeBrett.

The lamb was prepared beautifully as was the fish of the day. Service was good but know that you just go to the counter to pay your check. We sat there a while waiting to figure that out.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meander630817
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Love this gorgeous hotel for a wine, coffee or brunch with guests. As a local it's such a wow place to take visitors to with its classy decor and the service is always top notch. Because its small, the staff even remember my name so it's super-friendly yet discrete service which I really value. The coffee is great too!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business