Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kareika
San Diego, California

Our go to hotel in Auckland

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 May 2024
I’m overdue for this review. I stayed here for 10 days on my first trip ever to Auckland to move my son into the university. Starting off I had booked my stay starting the wrong day not accounting for travel, and the hotel was wonderful in correcting this for me. On their suggestion I booked the day before as I was arriving from LA at 6 am and wanted to guarantee check in . that worked very well. We headed upstairs for a wonderful breakfast, then a well needed nap!
Hotel is located in a great spot and my room had a view of the water and the entertaining plaza below. The room was a double queen, that was comfortable and had all we needed. Beds were fine, I am very picky about my pillows so they were not my favorite but that was a minor detail. Hotel was quite full as we were there in Summer yet I found it very quiet. I enjoyed having a kettle and coffee in the room. The wifi was quite weak so it made just regular use a bit tricky. I would warn against that if you had a lot of business to handle.
The best part of the hotel was the lovely breakfast every morning in the restaurant. There was a wonderful variety of foods, great coffees, juices and best of all a warm, welcoming staff. It was a highlight!
We made chocolate hour only once but it was a fun and unique bit of hospitality.
I have recommended this hotel now to two friends who enjoyed just as well. I am headed back in a few weeks with my entire family. Had to book two rooms to fit us so I look forward to seeing what other style rooms will be like.
It is nice to fly so long and land in a place you’ve never been and be welcomed so warmly. Look forward to this home away from home again!
Date of stay: February 2024
Room Tip: There is a nice small grocery store next door
Trip type: Travelled with family
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
SEAN SLATTERY, General Manager at Mövenpick Hotel Auckland, responded to this review
Responded 6 Jun 2024
Kia ora Kareika

Wonderful to hear we are your 'Go to' hotel in Auckland!

We look forward to staying with us again and my team will have some new pillow options for you!

$208
    $61
    $79
1.5 km from Mövenpick Hotel Auckland
View more hotels in Auckland Central
All reviews top floor great location accor member nice hotel sky tower central location quiet room waiheke island buffet breakfast vue harbour auckland city ferries viaduct cruise
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 May 2024

Wow is all I can say. From the moment we arrived we were so impressed. The staff were so friendly at reception and the check in was quick and efficient. The room was lovely and clean and the beds were oh so comfy. Although the bathroom was a little on the small side it made up for it with beautiful products and its super clean and sparkling surfaces. We absolutely loved the location, so easy to get to Britomart and the Viaduct and waterfront and restaurants and shopping. One of the best parts was the surprise of free chocolate hour, which we absolutely loved indulging in and loved whilst listening to the piano player and enjoying the friendly banter with the barman. The beds were oh so awesome and check out was easy and friendly. We loved everything about our stay thank you.

Room tip: The laneway for check in can be hard to miss and hard to get into if the traffic is busy so be prepared and ready!
Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
SEAN SLATTERY, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2024

Kia ora Michellen

Fantastic to hear you had an outstanding stay with us. The chocolate hour is loved by all and the pastry team really enjoy coming up with new chocolate treats.

Look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2024 via mobile

We have stayed here many times during the week when we travel for work and love its central location and attentive staff. Rooms are always immaculate and comfortable. Valet are fast and reliable. This has always been a consistently great place to stay.

We more recently chose to stay here again for a family weekend with our young kids and it was even more perfect for this if possible. The staff were fantastic with kids and we felt just as welcome as we previously have. The kids loved the ice cream they could call for themselves and chocolate hour was a big hit.

Not many hotels can feel as perfect a fit for both business and family. We have already booked our next weekend as it was my sons birthday wish to “go back to the Willy Wonka hotel” so we will be bringing the kids back to Disney on Ice (it’s great proximity to Spark arena is also a big benefit) and will continue to book this great hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Kia ora Sophie

Thank you for your wonderful review!

I have shared with he team and this is exactly what we pride ourselves on.

We look forward to welcoming you back for Disney on Ice and we have special treats for all kids staying over that time.

Reviewed 12 May 2024

I love staying at the Mövenpick Auckland. The service is outstanding. From Eliza who runs the breakfast in the morning to the front counter team it is terrific. For someone who travels a lot, it makes you feel like it is home. I will continue to stay there for this simple reason. Thank you!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SEAN SLATTERY, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2024

Kia ora kyjowill

Thank you for your wonderful review.

Eliza is an amazing asset to the hotel and team, thank you for mentioning her she will be very happy.

We do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 12 May 2024 via mobile

This only was a short one night visit due to various business meetings during the day, and me flying back the next day. The rooms are a bit small, but done up nicely, clean and comfortable. Staff was attentive, breakfast is not sumptuous but sufficient.

Given the central location, a lot of business visitors are to be expected and hence my one “gripe”: The WiFi really needs to be improved. While it’s easy to connect, the speeds are atrocious and even trying fetching and responding to basic e-mails felt like going back to 33k6 modem days. Let alone if you’d like to do a video conference. I checked with a colleague and it was not just me having issues, so it seems an infrastructure thing.

For the rest, given the central location, close to the wharves and offices, recommended hotel for business and leisure.

Room tip: Be mindful if you’re planning to work from the hotel, that the WiFi is really slow, so you need to find alternative options.
Trip type: Travelled on business

Kia ora Gerry_W_ Reisenberger

Thank you for your review.

I do apologise for your Wifi issues, we have recently added strength to some of the floors that were having weaker signals but clearly have not done a good enough job. We will be contacting the company and addressing this immediately.

Thank you for sharing and recommending that we have a great location for business and leisure.

Reviewed 10 May 2024

We love staying at this hotel, great service and food.
It is in a great location for downtown, the Harbour and sky city.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Kia ora 59Paulj

Thank you for your amazing review.

We look forward to you staying with us again.