2,775 results
All reviewssky towerpremium luxurymacaroonsfederal streetharbour view roomnew zealandpillow menustar hotelvalet parkingmini barthe heart of the citycentral locationrestaurants and barslong flightqueen streetgustodepot
Reviewed 4 October 2016

The Grand Skycity Hotel blew my mind away. This well located hotel made my stay in Auckland well remembered. On arrival i was greeted by well dressed friendly staff who had smiles that made you feel welcomed, they checked me in very with no hassles and my luggage was taken straight to my room. My room was clean, tidy and also greeted me on the tv screen.

My entire stay was perfect. The food, drinks and atmosphere were beyond my expectations. The location was spot on. I was in walking distance to pretty much everything and anything. The staff were so friendly and very professional.

In conclusion i would recommend this incredible upper class hotel to anyone traveling to Auckland. The food, drinks and people are of a high standard and made my stay one to remember. I will for sure be staying here again in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2016

Dear Allan M

Thank you for your review, what a pleasure to read.

I look forward to passing your comments onto the team and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

We had the pleasure of staying at the Skycity Grand Hotel for a night celebrating a special birthday. From the time we pulled up to time we checked out was special. The staff were all exceptional especially Bridgette who made sure that everything was organised and wonderful allowing us to celebrate, relax and enjoy the 5 star surroundings right in the centre of the city. Would definitely recommend to anyone for any reason - if you have no reason make one up you wont be sorry.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Melissa W

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your special stay with us - it will be a pleasure to pass your compliments onto the team and especially Bridgette our Assistant Front Office Manager.

Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Walking in to the decadent foyer makes you feel grand and the experience starts right there!
We really enjoy staying here, with the restaurants at your door, Queen Street shops, a supermarket round the corner and eastday spa to add to to the experience. We really miss Rebo and having a similar type restaurant /cafe would enhance this area.
It's close to event facilities.
We like to spend time in the hotel when we go away and this is a goodie.
The rooms are quiet, well set out with comfortable beds and the facilities are nice to use.
The only thing I miss from a hotel of this rating is a FULL buffet breakfast.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Kiwi_Mandy111

Thank you for posting your review of The Grand Hotel, it's great to see that you enjoyed your latest stay with us.

We do have a wide variety of eateries and do not hesitate to ask the team for recommendations for a full buffet breakfast or casual dining on your next stay.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Centrally located in Auckland. Modern, well appointed hotel with comfy bed. Walking distance to harbour and ferries. Plenty of eating options outside of hotel. Plenty of shopping options if that is what you are looking for. Casino across the road if that is something you like.
Good in house bar and restaraunt was very busy.
Parking validation by hotel was a bonus for inner city parking.
Would stay here again

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Dear Kym L

Thank you for commenting on your stay at The Grand Hotel.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Skycity Grand while staying in Auckland. It was very high end and the prices reflected that. The staff was courteous and attentive to our needs. We only ate at the hotel once as there were lots of cheaper options for food and coffee within walking distance. We really enjoyed our time at Skycity Grand.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Luke H

Dear Luke H

Thank you for reviewing your stay at The Grand, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

We have many dining options here at SKYCITY however we also have the luxury of being in the center of the city and not far from what Auckland has to offer.

We look forward to your next stay.