2,794 results
All reviews sky tower premium luxury macaroons federal street harbour view room new zealand pillow menu star hotel valet parking mini bar the heart of the city central location restaurants and bars long flight queen street gusto depot
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Another superb visit to this top notch hotel. First and foremost can I just say that every single staff member gives the most outstanding service, it is truly a joy to stay there and interact with their staff. Rooms are awesome, great facilities and good space. Very good central location. Cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. Definitely my first choice for visits to Auckland.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Dear Rhys C

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Grand Hotel. What a pleasure to read your feedback and I look forward to passing it onto our wonderful team.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to your next stay

Reviewed 15 July 2016

After a long sixteen hours flight, like the name; the hotel was GRAND! The room was spacious, very clean with an awesome shower! We were amazed with the location! The sky tower and shopping within walking distance. I definitely will recommend this hotel giving it a perfect score of 10!!

Room Tip: Room next to sky tower was AWESOME!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2016

Dear RMTodd

Thank you for reviewing your stay at The Grand Hotel.

I am so pleased you we lived up to our "Grand" name! We are in the final stages of our refurbishment program with the final floor now under way. The rain head shower is one the additions we have made to our new rooms and very popular with our guests.

Thank you for recommendations and we do hope you have the chance to visit again.

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

This is the best hotel I have stayed at. The staff are all so friendly and very helpful. The whole experience at the hotel was just amazing. I would highly recommend this hotel when booking in Auckland.

• Stayed: July 2016

Dear Sandy V

Thank you for reviewing The Grand Hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and it will be my pleasure to share your feedback with the team.

Thank you for recommending us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 14 July 2016

We arrived at 09.30 and were given access to our room at 13.00 (2 hours early). Valet parking at 40 nz dollars per day was reasonable for city centre location. The hotel is just metres from the entrance to the skytower and in easy walking distance of the shops and harbour front. We stayed here for a day trip to Hobbiton on the way to Christchurch and we would not choose Auckland for a longer stay. It is very limited as a city.

The staff were helpful and friendly but following our stay in Tokyo, not as attentive to the fine detail as our Japanese hosts.

If you are pkanning a stay in Auckland, we would recommended this hotel but I would recommend you research what you want to do here in advance before committing to a long city break. .

Room Tip: We faced skytower and waterfront and had Crestview from floor 9
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear rustygrecian

Many thanks for commenting on your stay at The Grand Hotel.

We are certainly in a prime location with the iconic Sky Tower just on our doorstep. Being a city, there are many things to see and do - the local museum and West Coast beaches are stunning. However being the middle of our winter, the weather is not always in our favour!

We hope you enjoy your time in New Zealand and we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Once again I was blown away by the comfort, cleanliness and over all elegance. The staff are great, the rooms are beautiful and I can't wait for my next stay here. Will always recommend this place! Only complaint is that you don't get a carpark included in the cost of a night considering how expensive it is :)

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear 499zarak

Many thanks for commenting on your recent stay with us.

I will be my pleasure to pass your feedback onto our wonderful team. You may wish to look at joining our Premier Rewards program which allows you to turn your points into complimentary car park tickets. Full details of the program are on our website and you can now join up online and receive your card when next visiting.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to your next stay with us.