All reviews duchess suite refreshing tea newly refurbished hotel wall paper beautiful hotel outstanding staff queen street a superior king room loading zone complimentary upgrade turn down service concierge staff macaroons central business district first floor nespresso machine loved this hotel
Reviewed 14 July 2018

The room was elegantly furnished, and had a nespresso machine and lovely bathroom amenities. I really loved the ambiance. My only complaint is that the room was a little small whereas the bathroom was quite spacious. If I was the architect, I would have taken some space off the bathroom and added that to the bedroom.

Everything else was just perfect though. The staff were so helpful and attentive. The gym is small but has excellent equipment and a fridge with fresh fruit in it. The hotel is in an excellent location. Although there was some music on Saturday night, it wasn't that loud. I would definitely stay here again

• Trip type: Travelled solo
NivzerD, Front Office Manager at Hotel Grand Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Good Afternoon Selsy

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your review.

Your feedback is greatly valued and has been taken onboard. We are lucky to have a passionate team here and are pleased to see they made a positive impact on your stay with us.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Grand Windsor in the near future.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

The staff have warm, open and supportive attitudes. I asked for a room upgrade and was given a much larger room for a very modest upgrade fee. The rooms are warm, comfortable and clean. Their central location is wonderfully convenient although the weekend evenings will be noisy due to the bars and clubs nearby. They have a system of room credits that can be used for dining in the restaurant but not for room service, so make sure to clarify any details about dining/room service/minibar at check in.

Trip type: Travelled solo
NivzerD, Front Office Manager at Hotel Grand Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Good Morning AtrHnz

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your beautiful review.

We are delighted to hear about your appreciation of our staff, the hotel, rooms and your overall experience. Your feedback will be absolutely be addressed to ensure the message and inclusions of your package are more clear.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

All I can say is this hotel is now my favourite in Auckland. The staff are very friendly and the tea cups....AMAZE (I need to go to T2 and get some).The boys on concierge were friendly, Pablo was awesome. My big test was dropping my car at the valet and said can I have this at 6am. Got down the next morning and they had the keys with the car out front.

I was upgraded to a bigger room and it was perfect. You will see me again.

Room tip: Dont get a room facing Queen Street. I assume that would be noisy
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Good Morning Mr Bennett

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your fabulous review.

It is the attention to detail that counts and we are thrilled to see this reflect in your stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with Pablo and the rest of our team which they will be very happy to hear about.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

The hotel was in a central spot near restaurants, cafes etc. The room was very stylish with a good size bathroom. The staff were extremely helpful and could not do enough for us. We really enjoyed the stay!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Good Morning Brookest13

Thank you so much for staying with us and for this wonderful review.

Your comments will delight our team here who are so eager to please. They compliment this product beautifully.

Thank you so much again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Grand Windsor in the near future.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed in June for a much needed night away. The hotel is beautifully refurbished. The service we received from each member of staff, from the moment we arrived to the moment we left was outstanding. Like remarkable. It’s a credit to them.

We paid for an upgrade and ended up in a suite as the room we were allocated was tiny. The checkin staff were willing and helpful to show us another room. The suite was fantastic including the amenities.

Unfortunately we were kept awake all night from noise by the below bars. It was dreadful.

If you could pick the hotel up and put it in a quieter location it would be perfect. Sadly I couldn’t return with the noise how it is, it ruined our night and we felt tired and completely unrested from our stay.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
NivzerD, Front Office Manager at Hotel Grand Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Good Morning Theresa

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your wonderful review.

Our team is our biggest asset and we are so pleased to see the results of their efforts in your review here. I am disappointed to hear the impact the noise had on your stay. Please be assured this is something we are seriously tackling. While there has been considerable progress in isolating its impact, we are sure to make further progress in ensuring the noise is mitigated.

I encourage you to please contact me on nivzer.dadabhoy@hotelgrandwindsor.com for any further queries you may have or any future visits you may plan for and I will be sure to take care of your stay with us.