Lowest prices for your stay
US$165
CheapTicketsUS$149
eDreamsUS$165
Trip.comUS$163
2,330 results
All reviews rooftop pool tower wing hectors restaurant department store valet parking harbour bridge room was large new zealand bit dated central location cooking facilities buffet breakfast washer dryer late check queen street auckland city
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 February 2020 via mobile

We’ve stayed in different hotels in Auckland as we travelled as well from north to south within 16 days, but this was a dissatisfying stay. I booked two queen rooms for 2 couples, upon arrival the check in took quiet long ( e.g. room cards/ records could be prepared in advance as many do...), but ok it was 9pm and we were tired. But as we entered our room we were really disappointed, an old electric oven in a kind of kitchenette- which we didn’t need nor booked, very tiny sleeping room, tiny bed, no mirror at all, bathroom surprisingly huge but so old fashion that it’s painful for your eyes. Also not convenient as it takes ages to get the water temperature stable. We slept in many heritage hotels and we understand that there are constructional restrictions but design and decorations are still possible to ramp up the room. The next problem was actually that our friends beside us had no entree at all, there room was surely 30% smaller and smelling heavily of mould. Air con and water basin were not working properly either.

Of course it was another room offered but not with an apology or sorry or similar.
As we had brunch booked for another day we only took coffee in the lobby which went well the first day, the day of departure unfortunately was simply complicated as it was mentioned that the lobby bar only serves vegan drinks, we are fine with that but alcohol is also not vegan and was served, beside our drinks we got the day before without any problem.

Small issue but annoying as we were offered plastic to go coffee or none.

Sorry but I don’t recommend it, simply not worth the money and there are plenty more options in Auckland.
Pool is nice but no towels are offered at all!
I was instructed by the poolbar man to call the housekeeper in my own.
Bar need also a clean up and would call for professionals.

BR

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HAKL_RDM, Manager at Heritage Apartment, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2020

Dear Su Er K E,

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

It is always our aim to ensure guests enjoy professional service and their expectations are exceeded, however on this occasion we failed to deliver.

Clearly what you encountered was well below our usual high standards and is completely unacceptable!

I thank you for sharing your experience with us, as it highlights the areas we need to work on to ensure that all future guests expectations are meet.

Best regards,

Adrian
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 2 February 2020 via mobile

Perfectly fine and serviceable, but not sure I’d recommend it or stay again.

Pros: rooms are big, staff is nice, AC in the room was great, bed was comfy. Location was good too.

Cons: really outdated/old appliances, carpet, furniture and bathroom things, and a foul damp smell in the room. The water from the shower would make the entire bathroom wet, the cold water knob at the faucet was broken so we had to brush our teeth at the kitchenette sink, etc.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank alcnyc
Reviewed 28 January 2020

The hotel is located in the heart of Auckland, very close to the main public transportation hub and local attractions.
The room was great! It had a great view of the wharf, two TVs, kitchen and fridge, and even washer and dryer.
The bed was super comfortable and the place was sparkling clean.
The breakfast was superb! Great variety and everything we tried was delicious!
I would highly recommend the hotel for anyone coming to Auckland for business or pleasure!

Room tip: The rooms with balcony are great!
Reviewed 28 January 2020

The hotel is a lovely old building and period features are represented throughout the rooms.
However, when comparing the front desk service on this particular day / night to other hotels of a similar type that I have stayed in within NZ or the world, they do pull up short.

Room tip: Overlooking the atrium or the street.
Reviewed 28 January 2020 via mobile

We loved the ambiance of the hotel when we entered. Staff are super friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our room and view however the bed was too flimsy, my husband and I were sinking in and somewhat to the middle of the bed. There was washing machine and dryer wasn't working. Someone did come to check but could not fix it. They did offer additional towels. We ate at the restaurant several times, once for high tea, dinner & breakfast. High tea was the stand out for me because my husband had a completely vegan high tea. Not as exciting at dinner time and breakfast was worse. As much as I enjoyed my dishes I wished for my husband to have had a few more options and flavors. It's was the only reason why we stayed at the Heritage and not somewhere else because of the vegan options. However breakfast was a complete let down. When we asked the staff they said "we forgot to put vegan options out " I liked the non vegan options I ate myself but to be honest I have had better. I forgot to mention we paid for a romantic surprise on arrival because it was our 10 year wedding anniversary and it was a major let down. Missed the romantic part altogether. Would I stay again? Maybe, if I need vallet parking as part of the package. We enjoyed that. We super appreciated the Heritage hotel's general manager engage in conversation, pull my chair, take our photos and offer complimentary bubbles. Like I said staff are top notch!!