“Exceptional Service maketh a hotel”

Grand Millennium Auckland
Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The grand millennium hotel experience was made amazing by Violet at the front desk. She sets the benchmark for customer service. The view from my room was brilliant. Comfortable and clean. The hotel is in walking distance to the harbour for ferries. Main tourist attractions are nearby. Lots of food around. Just go exploring.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Prianka P, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear thetriniandthesky,

Thank you for the feedback with regards to Violet, I will make sure she gets a special mention at our next hotel team meeting.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. The room was adequate and satisfactory with a nice view. We were given a room with two queen size beds on level 11. The beds were very comfortable. We also had breakfasts in the hotel; once a la carte and the second time, we try the buffet breakfast. I had to admit I prefer the a la carte choice as my French toast selection was really yummy, and I much prefer espresso coffee while the buffet breakfast only serves filtered coffee, which was very average.

The hotel is not as centrally located as we would have liked. This cause some inconvenience as it was raining the three days that we were in Auckland, and we couldn’t just walked to the shopping precinct or restaurants. We wanted to try the Japanese restaurant in the hotel but it was closed until the following week. This is a bit disappointing as we didn’t expect this from an international hotel with a global brand like the Millennium Group.

Overall, a satisfactory stay but would try elsewhere in a more central location next time.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy J

Dear Nancy,

I think it's fair to say you enjoyed your stay on the whole which is great but I very much appreciate your insightful and objective feedback. Unfortunately it does look like you got stuck in 3 of the very few days of rain we have had this summer.

All the more reason to return to Auckland. Next time you might like to try M Social our sister hotel based right on the waterfront.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Grand Millennium for one night and we were greeted by friendly hotel valet, who looked after our car for us. We were checked in quickly and our baggage arrived the same time we did.
The staff are amazingly friendly and happy to help with any request!

We were staying here before our wedding and to our delighted surprise we returned to our room to find a hand written card some chocolates for us wishing us a happy marriage. It was a beautiful touch!

The only thing stopping me from giving it 5 stars is that I am lactose intolerant and to get a glass of (soy) milk for my coffee came at a $5 charge.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Jacqu3line,

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback, the $5 charge for the soy milk was out of line and I have already raised this with our Restaurant Manager.

Hopefully you can return and I can buy you a coffee.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

I have to thank Steven Law, Anush, Semyon snd Alexandra and Kate the night time manager. They are very helpful n friendly. I have a wonderful time to stay in this hotel. I sure will stay in this hotel next time.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 809,808,616

Dear 809808616,

Great to see our team were able to be of such great assistance to you during your stay.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

We arrived at the Auckland Grand Millennium on day #27 of our 6 month, 6 continent, and third Trip Around the World .

VERY IMPRESSIVE Hotel and staff!

We were VERY pleasantly surprised by this hotel. EVERYONE was cordial and VERY helpful. The place was immaculate. The mood set in the hotel was one of “let me take care of your every need’!

Particularly nice was the Millennium Club. When I first booked the hotel, I did not pick this option. I later added it on for a great enhancement of our stay.

Noteworthy associates that helped us tremendously were Simon (Guest Relations) and Abhishek (Night auditor) -both STELLAR people!

As a result of my great experience we have cancelled our previous hotel in Rotorua and have booked at the Millennium for days 40 through 43 of our trip around the world!

We WILL come back here on day#44 on our way out of New Zealand and on to Tokyo.

Room Tip: add the Club Floor option! AND for a newly renovated room with NEW Air Conditioning system