Grand Millennium Auckland
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$186
US$264
US$242
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Pullman Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$121
  • Pool
Cordis, Auckland by Langham Hospitality Group(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$106
  • Restaurant
Heritage Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$314
US$150
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$118
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$151
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Stamford Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$136
  • Restaurant
Kiwi International Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$46
US$44
  • Restaurant
All reviewsclub roomatrium barsky towerlions tournice hotelaotea squarequeen streetrooms are spaciousnew zealandnice sizepool and gymcivic theatreroom servicebuffet breakfaststayed for nightscity hotelcomfortable stay
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

This very comfortable hotel is well located at the top of a hill near the iconic Sky Tower, the Civic Center, and many fine restaurants. The staff is well-trained and dedicated to making your stay a pleasant one. Food in each of several onsite restaurants is above average in quality but quite expensive. Eat in the neighborhood and sleep in very comfortable, well-equipped rooms. Indoor pool and onsite gym a plus.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Grand Millennium over New Year in a club room.

We booked a club room as It has access to the club lounge which has a magnificent view of the Sky Tower.

Although despite being on a New Year Package we would have to pay $150 to use the club lounge between 10-12 to see the fireworks.

Depending on who you spoke to this was $150 per person or $150/couple.

On check in we were told that as we had a child we can’t use the club lounge between 5-7pm as they were serving drinks but would send drinks and and canapés to the room.

They didn’t arrive.

Although breakfast is continental in the club lounge you can pre order an omelette by the previous night for your chosen time.

They lost our order.

But nevertheless re took the order and brought it up.

The order was incorrect.

All minor things but being new year it was already expensive.

In summary this is a well located hotel with comfortable rooms. Service is patchy and inconsistent.

The club lounge between lounge has limited drinks and snacks in the day (ie not much more than tea or coffee and water) but has a great cityscape view of the sky tower.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2018

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with MillenniumHotels.com
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We arrived to our room around 1am. It's supposed to be a non smoking hotel. However, our room was horribly covered in cigarette smoke. We called down to the lobby and we're told they're a non smoking hotel. However, the would bring us an ionizer. After giving it to us for literally 5 minutes, they needed it back. Really at 1:30am??? After trying to settle in for the evening while in the bathroom I discovered black hairs of all different shapes and sizes on the floor by sinks, the toilet and on the tub. Yuck!!! Do they not clean???

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jarzo67
Reviewed 3 January 2018

We stayed here due it its proximity to the cinema and theatres. It is also the largest hotel in Auckland making the public spaces feel very spacious. In October we stayed in a standard room and in December a Club room 1240. Club rooms are exactly the same size and decor as standard rooms but on the top floor. The only difference is access to the Club lounge. When we stayed in the standard room I was stunned to find that the only thing that appeared to be holding the window in place were the handles! There was a gap large enough to put a couple of fingers into at the bottom and I could see now way of shutting the window to remove this additional "ventilation".

The Club lounge is well placed with views of the Sky Tower and Aotea Square. Staff are very friendly. Breakfast is no different to what is served downstairs in the standard restaurant. So Club Lounge access means a couple of glasses of wine and some, for the most part, rather uninspiring canapes. The tarts were nice enough. I continue to debate as to whether Club rooms are worth the additional money for what you get in return. Apart from the avalanche of alcoholics at free drinks time the Club Lounge is empty. If you want a nice window seat with the best views get there at least 20 minutes before this time, and make an effort to enjoy the quiet space outside of these times. It's when the lounge is at its best. There's chilled water and coke somewhat hidden in the corner of the room near the TV.

So what did I miss? Well, it was the time for breakfast on a Monday. I assumed that the Club lounge would be open from 6.00am as most are in the City and turned up to find it empty and deserted. This lounge doesn't open until 7am. This was clearly displayed on the room key - hey I'm a man we don't read instructions :-) I genuinely found this surprising. I can only assume that the hotel doesn't intend to compete in the business sector and so focusses on tourism. It wasn't a problem as the ground floor restaurant was open.

On arriving in the restaurant when I asked where the coffee station was the waiter somewhat abruptly told me that she could get me this but that there was an additional charge. When I said that I was from upstairs her demeanor changed dramatically and my cappuccino came swiftly. It was at this point, while checking out the buffet, that I realised that everything was exactly the same as upstairs. It really wouldn't take much to tweak the range of dishes available upstairs to provide perceived added value. Similarly a simple soft refurbishment of the Club rooms would also raise the standards. Club shouldn't equate to free booze and some dull finger food.

Room Tip: Avoid the side near the Police Station as it's noisy
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple