2 people are viewing this hotel
US$169
US$169
Free cancellation until 07/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$167
Hotels.comUS$169
CheapTicketsUS$169
TravelocityUS$169
3,080 results
All reviews cruise ship fish restaurant bow suite bellini bar diamond member harbor view room new zealand ferry terminal maritime museum waiheke island corner room bars and restaurants buffet breakfast long flight valet parking sky tower queen street
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 July 2020 via mobile

This used to be the place to stay but not anymore..everything is getting tired and we had to get the cleaners into our room as the bathroom were not cleaned.
Shame its a great Location.
There are a lot of small things that are annoying even down to checking in and out.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank kruuza
Jeffrey Lee, Other at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2020

Dear kruuza

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Hilton Auckland. Naturally I am very disappointed to note your feedback. We endeavour to ensure that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I am sorry that you encountered several shortcomings at the hotel and that you have left with a less than satisfactory impression of our ability to provide a quality experience.

Reviewed 13 July 2020 via mobile

For our 17th wedding anniversary, my husband surprised me with an overnight stay at the Hilton and a fun filled itinerary around the waterfront and inner city, unfortunately on arrival our room was not ready, front desk said they would follow up and let us know when it would be.We were offered the option to wait in the bar or lobby. As it was already an hour after advertised check-in we couldn’t imagine a long wait so took a seat in the lobby, after 30 minutes had passed we had received no communication to explain why there was a delay, or the expected time frame. My husband then went back to front desk to enquire, this time the front desk made a call and informed us there would be a further delay of 30 minutes, to sour the wait time we also watched groups walk in, check-in and recieve their room keys. However, we were left alone in the lobby, not offered any compensation, such as a complementary drink, late check out or in the very least an explanation. My husband asked if we could leave our bags and we were told we could do that with the concierge, another small wait by a different desk. We then left the hotel to cheer up, and wondered if the reduction in tourism due to boarder control (covid19) had impacted this reputable hotel as this was very poor service. On checking out nothing was raised by front desk. After settling the bill my husband expressed our complaint. We were being served by the manager who apologised and explained a surge in expected to actual bookings was the cause, he then offered us to return to our room for a later check out (as parents of young children, our time could not be extended past our arrangements) we declined, he offered his business card and said please contact him directly for our next stay. My husband said it would’ve been appreciated to have had that communicated at the time. We left knowing our future stays in the city would not be at the Hilton despite the amazing view of the harbour.
I would like to add if you fail to communicate to your guests any reason for delays you are leaving us to assume this is acceptable practice.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank matalenam2020

Dear matalenam2020

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. We strive to offer a quality service for our valued guests and I was very disappointed to note that we did not achieve this and that you left with a less than satisfactory impression of the hotel. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and your comments have been reviewed with the team.

Reviewed 26 June 2020

The entire team - from Front Desk, Door Entry/Elevator, Cleaning Team, Restaurant - were friendly, professional and attentive to details. Outstanding and very grateful for the lovely family stay we had.

Date of stay: June 2020

Dear 0nestorg

Thank you posting a review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed the experience. It is great to read your praise on our team member service and memorable stay at Hilton Auckland.

Thank you for choosing Hilton Auckland as your preferred accommodations and we look forward to welcoming you back on future travels.

Reviewed 22 June 2020

We decided to stay at the Hilton for a local treat away - this isn't the first time we'd stayed there. We rang to book and requested a corner room with the harbour views, and were told that was available and on which floor it would be, so we asked them to reserve it for us. When we arrived there was no sign of our booking - and no corner room available. So we took a lesser room which was nice (although the bathroom door didn't completely close). As the restaurant was closed, and the bar only offering a set menu we ordered room service. What arrived was not what we ordered - we were told they had run out of what we'd ordered so they automatically replaced it with no consultation! We were hungry enough to just accept it - not that we really had a choice.
For a hotel still charging full rates the service is nowhere near where it should be.

Date of stay: June 2020
1  Thank JT_Auckland

Dear JT_Auckland

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences staying at Hilton Auckland on TripAdvisor.

I do sincerely apologize for the frustrations endured and inconvenience caused when you arrived at the hotel to find that the specific room you had requested was not available for you.

I have personally reviewed your comments about shower door, menu offering and wrong item delivering with the HOD team and have discussed the importance of customer-focused service delivery and communications moving forward.

We are extremely sorry for the disruptions. Please feel free to contact me directly on email jeffrey.lee@hilton.com if I can be of any further assistance or if you wish to share any further information with me.

Reviewed 9 April 2020

I cannot say enough good things about this wonderful hotel. This was a two night Hilton Honors points stay for me. I've never received such value for my points and Gold status. For the first time in six years of Hilton Honors, I was upgraded to a fantastic room with view and balcony. The breakfast was extraordinary. Room service was extraordinary. The staff was extraordinary.
Arrived after a long, long flight from USA, too early to check in, I was given much appreciated access to the fitness room, which had a restroom for freshening up. I visited the NZ Maritime Museum, within easy walking distance, while waiting for my room. Was notified as soon as it was ready, and my luggage was already in the room waiting for me. The room was clean, comfortable, welcoming. Loved, loved the balcony with view of harbor and Rangitoto island.
I honestly had to pinch myself. I've never, ever felt so valued and appreciated at any Hilton brand hotel in USA. Tons of restaurants are within walking distance, as well as shops, ferries, and your cruise ship, if that is why you're in Auckland!
If I am so fortunate to return to Auckland, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere but Hilton Auckland.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank CynthiaK840
AKLHI, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2020

Kia Ora CynthiaK840

Thank you very much for your complimentary review and it was our pleasure to welcome you as a Hilton Honors member.

I very much appreciate your feedback and delighted you had an indulgent stay with us in the 'City of Sails'.

The team and I hope to see you back on future travels the next time you return to Auckland.

Warm regards