Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Belinda A
Waipawa, New Zealand

Won't be my first choice next time.

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Jan 2020
As this is the first time staying in Auckland i have nothing to compare too.
I liked the location where we could take a stroll round the block and there were a few convenient shops close by. It had everything we needed but 1 night would be enough as i felt quite closed in.
I felt the rooms could have been cleaned better as there were stray hairs on the bed cover and the shower was not as clean ad I'd like.
Tv remote had no batteries and couldnt find buttons on tv so tv was stuck on same channel and same volume which can be hard with a toddler.
Check in staff extremely friendly and helpful and allowed us an early check in which was much appreciated.
Although this would bot be my first choice to stay at again it certainly wouldnt be ruled out as a no either.
Date of stay: January 2020
    $169
    $159
3.9 km from The Surrey Hotel
View more hotels in Auckland Central
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 December 2019

Completely refurbished, modern, tiled bathroom, great value for money short walk to numerous food options, lovely staff! Proximity to the city is great, will definately stay again, even a swimming pool!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2019

Ooh dear !!. Lovely friendly staff, but facilities very tired and in poor condition. I was moved to an "upgraded " room , but still very tired and poor standard. Great area of Ackland to stay , could be a great asset .

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 26 September 2019

I stayed at the Surrey last evening and through a chain of events my stay didn't go quite as planned.
HOWEVER the charming and efficient lady on the reception desk was help courteous and kind and saved my stay from being a disaster.
On the plus side the beds are SUPER comfie and the cat is charming.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Pip M
Denise K, General Manager at The Surrey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2019

Thanks for your review. I am very pleased we were able to help you and ensure your stay was enjoyable.

Regards
Denise

Reviewed 15 September 2019 via mobile

Hotel is a bit old. Beds were comfy. Breakfast was typical... Scrambled eggs beans hash browns and cornflakes etc. Coffee was instant....
Nowhere to park at night as it was full.
Receptionist gave me a 500mb thing for two... Went back and got a 5 gb one.
Nice place but pretty basic.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks for your feed back. On the rare occasion that the car park is full we can usually find a space that your car can be parked safely. We do have an espresso coffee machine which is available as a preference.

Regards
Denise

Reviewed 29 August 2019

Checked in OK and went straight out to do sightseeing and visit some friends as time was short after a 12 hour drive to get there.
We got back to the room and after looking at the room found public hair from someone else on the bathroom sink, the toilet itself was dirty with what I hope was soap scum under the seat, there was balls of human hair on the floor where the vacuum cleaner doesn't work or hadn't been going and the beds have seen more action than the playboy mansion
In the morning there were ants on the kitchen work top area and my boy had bites on his leg.
We were going to eat breakfast in the restaurant but after a room like that... No way
When we checked out we were speaking with another guest and he had fleas in his room.
I can't see how this place has a 4 star rating.
Oh also tell your staff to not spit at the door before they start work

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Denise K, General Manager at The Surrey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2019

Hi Brian. Thanks for your review. I am sorry that you felt it was so bad. When you checked out the staff came to see me and told me of your complaint regarding the toilet and the ants. I personally checked the toilet and looked for ants. The toilet was clean and the ants had gone - I did try to call you but you left a false number so unfortunately I didn't get to opportunity to have a chat with you. You could have had this problem solved immediately had you told us, we do have a very clean hotel and we are all very proud of our hotel. Your experience is disappointing for all of us. I am not sure who you saw spitting at the door but it definitely would not have been a staff member. Please feel free to call me if you would like to discuss. Thanks Denise.