Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Sat, 1 Jun
$197
Fully refundable before Sun, 2 Jun
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Dark D

The worst hotel experience ever

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Feb 2024
Someone took my sheep after I checked out, very disappointed. Service was very bad. And make sure you don’t accidentally lose stuff here, because they won’t return it too you. Bad location with lots of construction very bad for parents to bring children. Return my sheep Crowne plaza!!!!!!
Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Responded 11 Feb 2024
Good Morning 213darkd,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us at Crowne Plaza Auckland. I am sorry to read that you have not had a good experience. I will investigate the loss of your sheep with the team. The construction of the cityrail link is definitely annoying and we look forward to it being finished later in the year.

Tim -Crowne Plaza Auckland
  • Algotels
0.9 km from Crowne Plaza Auckland, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Auckland Central
2,290 results
All reviews sky tower central location new zealand albert street queen street good size comfortable bed long flight city auckland harbour ferries wharf
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 February 2024

The hotel could use a directory of services available. We learned accidentally that they had a self serve laundry room. The concierge, Mohammed, was awesome. Breakfast was plentiful and very good. Location was close to restaurants, the harbor for the ferry, and to many sites to see

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tim Pollock, Owner at Crowne Plaza Auckland, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2024

Hi radar63,

Thank you for your feedback from your visit to Crowne Plaza Auckland. I note your comment regarding the directory of services. This information is on the television and I apologise that you were not informed of this on check-in. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast offering and that Mohammed was able to provide you with a good concierge experience.

I do hope you enjoyed the rest of New Zealand adventure.

Tim - Crowne Plaza Auckland

Reviewed 6 February 2024

Hotel is clean and staff are friendly, we stayed here as part of our tour of NZ. The hotel is central and you have easy access to central areas. The room was fantastic, clean and modern. There is a gym, restaurant and bar. There is even a shopping centre on the lower area. Cleaning staff were brilliant as we're all the staff. There is a lot of building work nearby but this didn't stop the enjoyment of our stay

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tim Pollock, Owner at Crowne Plaza Auckland, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2024

Hi 11darrenw,

Many thanks for your feedback from your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read that the hotel met with your satisfaction and that the staff also provided good service throughout your visit. I hope the tour around New Zealand went well.

Tim Pollock

Reviewed 26 January 2024

Great location in the CBD area (downtown) however due to construction it is inconvenient getting there.
Good hotel, well appointed rooms (I did 2 stays, for one night each). The view from the executive lounge is beautiful and the ambiance of the lounge too is great, the attendant there was a very sweet lady, extremely professional. However the hours of service no do match up with the letter they hand out on arrival. Sadly, Communication was not good at all, the manager Aarthi was not able to make a simple amend and made me send an email to her manager Tim and I have still not heard back since 5 Jan 2024. BTW, we have diamond status. Very Sad!

Room tip: The JW Mariott or the Intercontinental is a better pic (on the same street)
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi JennyGonsalves,

Thank you for your feedback from your visits to Crowne Plaza Auckland, I am glad that you enjoyed the lounge and that the service there was to your satisfaction. I do apologise that you did not get a response to your email to me. I have checked my inbox and I have not received any correspondence from you since I responded to you on December 31st. I do hope you enjoyed your time in New Zealand and we would love to welcome you back in the future.

Tim Pollock

Reviewed 15 January 2024

I stayed for one night and cannot fault this place. From the check in, through to the amazingly comfortable beds.
Our room was very clean room.
This is the very First hotel I’ve ever stayed in that had a coffee machine in the room. SO good!
.Very quiet rooms despite being in Auckland city.
And I must say that the breakfast staff were incredible. I would love to commend the chef who was making the Omelettes on Sunday morning and the lovely waitress (who had the curly hair) who made our coffees and then sent us away with another coffee.
Fantastic selection for breakfast. I would love to come and stay again but next time for much longer. Thank you to everyone who made our stay pleasant.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Jaz1Bailey2
Tim Pollock, Owner at Crowne Plaza Auckland, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2024

Good Morning Jaz1Bailey2,

Thank you for your feedback. It was great to read that you found the hotel to your satisfaction and the team in Aria restaurant did a good job of looking after you at breakfast. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Tim - Crowne Plaza Auckland

Reviewed 20 December 2023

about a 125$ NZD taxi ride from the airport. check in was easy and fast. room was very clean and immaculate. shower had great pressure and ample hot water. IHG shampoo and conditioner is always good.

used the room safe and coffee maker. wifi was very fast and reliable.

great stay, will return for sure.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Tim Pollock, Owner at Crowne Plaza Auckland, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2024

Hi Saipan1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your stay at Crowne Plaza Auckland. It was great to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the amenities were to your satisfaction. I do hope you enjoyed your time in New Zealand.

Tim