1,995 results
All reviews the club lounge sky tower ihg member aria restaurant new zealand central location albert street concierge desk business hotel queen street good size corner room buffet breakfast comfortable rooms per day mini bar free internet
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

My room was a reasonable size, however was quite musty.
Bed was ok.
The shower over the bath had good water pressure & the towels were great.
Breakfast was good, lots of variety on the buffet; high the coffee was not great.
The staff were friendly and efficient.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear Elizabeth_and_David,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We were pleased to see that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet in Aria Restaurant and the service you received from our team, however disappointed that your overall experience did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with our team so that we can continue to improve.

We hope to welcome you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed 1 night (11 Jul) for our wedding anniversary. We had booked a Club Superior King, which was nice. Upon arrival the lady at check in was very pleasant, she commented on our anniversary (10 years) and said they would give us a complimentary bottle of wine - a lovely gesture. We went to the Club Lounge for Canapés which were superb as was the service. Then down to the restaurant for dinner. The staff were friendly, but the service was slow- less than 10 small tables but very slow. My husband had T-Bone steak - it came with fries. I wish I had taken a photo, a large T-Bone sitting on a dinner sized plate of shoe string fries covered in salt for $39.50 - not great . I had the eye fillet, which was nice but still very salty. If we stay here again we won’t be having dinner in the hotel restaurant. Their breakfast buffet is good, even if some of the hot food was a tad cold.
Once we had left the next day I realised that my IHG membership points had not been updated and three days later the pre-authorised amount is still showing on my credit card . Very friendly, polite staff and nice rooms, but I think next time we treat ourselves to a night away we’ll try a different hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ElaineJJNZ

Dear ElaineJJNZ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us. We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Club Rooms with access to our Club Lounge, however disappointed that your overall experience did not meet your expectations. Thank you for your comments and please be assured that these have been shared with our team so that we can continue to improve.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Staff were very good and the rooms are large, but old and a little run down. Location also is rather good. My real disappointment was the room service. They charged me an additional $5 for 'the room service delivery.'' Now, when you have a menu in the room called "Room Service Menu" I assume that the prices shown have taken into account the meal needs to be delivered to the room. Apparently, on the back of the menu there is a note that a $5 fee is applicable. I've stayed in many hotels and have never seen this before - obviously designed to mislead guests into the actual meal price. It's not the $5 - its the deceit that irks me. If you stay here and want room service - order Uber Eats - cheaper and better food and the cost is clear.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Hi Succhi11.

Thank you for leaving us your review and for making us a part of your visit here in Auckland. Reading your post, it made me smile that you appreciate our service, room space, and our ideal location. This is greatly appreciated.

I hoped to have made it this way all-throughout, but I'm sorry it turned out to be a different story with the hotel atmosphere, and the room service fee. I understand ours looked dated to what you were used to and the fees unexpected. I feel where you're coming from as this is not the impression we'd like to leave you. I'm sorry that it didn't go as well as hoped.

Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and review our existing policy. Your review will also be carefully considered should there be renovations in the pipeline. We continuously look for ways to make your experience memorable. And reviews such as this goes a long way in identifying areas for improvement.

We may not have gotten off the right foot but I'm positive to make it better for your next stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Best regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on 2 separate nights. Check in was smooth . On the 2nd time we went , it was around 12 noon , and they we checked in earlier than usual . Rooms are spacious , well appointed . I liked the Tv , bed , temperature control and lighting . Bathroom was shower on the bath tub. No provision of bidet however . Lobby was modest. They provide water for guests. Location was definitely the hotels biggest asset. Literally central to everything. Shopping haven Queen street is one block away. Restaurants , supermarket, souvenir shops , stores , everything. Breakfast buffet served at Aria , was top notch. I had a separate review for that. Staff service from front desk , housekeeping, concierge everything was really worth noting . Until we checked out . It left a lasting impression. By the way , WiFi worked well throughout my stay . And they secured my IHG number even without mine asking.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear doctorfoxtrot,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We were delighted to see that you enjoyed your time here at Crowne Plaza Auckland, particularly our location in the centre of the city, breakfast in Aria Restaurant and the service you received from our team throughout your stay.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

We stayed here on our first night in Auckland before travelling down the north island. Everything was excellent right from the off. The staff made us feel very welcome, the room was as described and very clean, and the price combined with the fantastic location meant we booked again for the end of our stay prior to leaving New Zealand.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear David W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Crowne Plaza Auckland. We were delighted to see that you enjoyed your time here, particularly the service you received from our team and our location in the centre of the city.