Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Bonvoy member rate available
Momfromars
Marco Island, Florida

Great stay in Auckland.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Apr 2024via mobile
A very nice hotel in a great location. Christina behind the desk was very friendly and helpful when I left an item after check out I had to return for. Breakfast was very good as well. Within walking distance of ferry terminal and a lot of great restaurants.
Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jenny Mykhailova, Other at JW Marriott Auckland, responded to this review
Responded 2 Apr 2024
Dear Momfromars,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback. I am delighted to read that you found our location to be at your convenience during your stay. I have also shared the feedback with my front office team especially Kristina who were thrilled to hear they made your stay even more enjoyable.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and the team and I truly look forward to once again welcoming you back to JW Marriott Hotel Auckland.

Kind Regards,
    $162
    $162
0.9 km from JW Marriott Auckland
View more hotels in Auckland Central
All reviews lovely view of the city pool and hot tub executive lounge pleasant stay coffee machine central business district duty manager lobby bar breakfast buffet is late check spacious room recommend this hotel new zealand walking distance titanium swagat gym
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 March 2024

We had a delightful stay there- one for 5 nights, and then for 3 nights the following week. The staff was just wonderful, welcoming and so helpful. Shout out to Shiva- server at breakfast and Happy Hour for his big smile and professional, personable service. Our room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. The hotel is under some renovation but we did not encounter ANY problems. The location is FABULOUS- easy to walk to the Ferry terminal, the Maritime museum, Queen Street, catching busses, etc. Loved it there!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon R
Jenny Mykhailova, Other at JW Marriott Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2024

Dear OregonSharon,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at JW Marriott Auckland. I will share you lovely comments with the team - and especially to the staff attending the lounge, Shiva.

We look forward to welcoming you back to JW Marriott Auckland in the future - you will always have a warm welcome here.

Jenny Mykhailova

Reviewed 17 March 2024

This hotel has a perfect location in the city centre. Thanks Ava for offering us a room with a wonderful street view. The view from that room has made up most our memory of the city although our stay was short. Really appreciate this experience!

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Maximzhou,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at JW Marriott Auckland. I will share you lovely comments with the team - and especially to Ava for providing expectational service making your stay with us even more enjoyable.

Reviewed 14 March 2024 via mobile

Can’t beat the location and proximity to the harbor and pier area, especially if you’re on a cruise. We felt the rooms were adequate and comfortable, the bathrooms were not as clean as we expected! Room service took almost 3 hours (unacceptable). The front desk staff were excellent and always willing to assist.

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear RJB1215,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback. I am delighted to read that you found our location to be at your convenience during your stay. I have also shared the feedback with my front office team who were thrilled to hear they made your stay even more enjoyable. Rest assured your feedback and comments have been shared with our senior leadership team for further review and follow up to prevent future reoccurrences in regard to our cleaning service and room service wait timings.

Reviewed 9 March 2024

Definitely not at JW Marriott level I doubt it would even be a Courtyard by Marriott. I was really disappointed.

Rooms tired and dated – but clean.
I arrived on the late flight from Sydney I arrived tired and hungry. I asked for room service and they said to use the late night menu. I called room service number and said that I have a food allergy Could they tell me if there was any celery in one of the dishes. They said they would have to ask the chef. Fair enough.
I was called back 2 minutes later by reception to say there was no chef on duty and they had no idea of the contents of the food they just reheat them! The food was inedible and was lukewarm and totally uninspiring.
The mini bar contents looked as though I was in a soviet era 2 star hotel so I gave up on eating.
On returning to my room the second night; I got in to bed to find it had not even been made. Just the top cover pulled over it to make like it was looked to be made.
Towels were threadbare and a bandage grey colour.
I went to check out and even though there was a queue and more than one person on the desk we were told to queue up as only one Marriott person was dealing with check outs. It seemed the others were too busy to deal with guests s
I would stay at the Park Hyatt, the Intercon or the QT definitely not here and not at this price point

Room tip: Book elsewhere
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Nick P
Jenny Mykhailova, Other at JW Marriott Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2024

Dear NickpC8938JG,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us at the JW Marriott Auckland.
We understand the impact the feedback you have provided, had on your stay and we apologize for these of which we are committed to rectifying.

Rest assured I am working with our various teams to ensure each of the areas we fell short do not happen again, specifically for the lack information in regard to certain foods items and our services. This is not the level of hospitality we wish to provide and on behalf of the hotel I would like to sincerely apologize for your disappointing experience.

We do hope that you choose to stay with us here at the JW Marriott Auckland again in the future and when you do, please contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you.

There will always be a warm welcome waiting at the JW Marriott Auckland.

Take care,

Reviewed 8 March 2024

The foundations of the JW Marriott are good, the rooms are large and well appointed with modern TVs, comfy beds and well appointed bathrooms. The gym is also large, with good facilities. It's the experience that lets it down a little. Firstly, while the staff are friendly, there are often long waits for reception, with noi priority lines. The aircon in the rooms are noisy and the room service and coffee are sub standard.

I enjoyed my stay, but wish there was more attention to detail for a premium brand in the portfolio.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear JayHi96,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback. I am delighted to read that you found our location and the facilities to be at your convenience during your stay. I apologize for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay especially with our staff service. Rest assured your comments and rating have been passed over to our senior leadership team for further review and follow up to prevent future reoccurrences.