2 people are viewing this hotel
作栋 周
San Francisco, California

Perfect Memory

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Mar 2024
This hotel has a perfect location in the city centre. Thanks Ava for offering us a room with a wonderful street view. The view from that room has made up most our memory of the city although our stay was short. Really appreciate this experience!
Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Jenny Mykhailova, Other at JW Marriott Auckland, responded to this review
Responded 25 Mar 2024
Dear Maximzhou,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at JW Marriott Auckland. I will share you lovely comments with the team - and especially to Ava for providing expectational service making your stay with us even more enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to JW Marriott Auckland in the future - you will always have a warm welcome here.

0.3 km from JW Marriott Auckland
    $69
  • Algotels
1.3 km from JW Marriott Auckland
View more hotels in Auckland Central
All reviews lovely view of the city pool and hot tub executive lounge pleasant stay coffee machine central business district duty manager lobby bar breakfast buffet is late check spacious room recommend this hotel new zealand walking distance titanium swagat gym
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 March 2024 via mobile

Can’t beat the location and proximity to the harbor and pier area, especially if you’re on a cruise. We felt the rooms were adequate and comfortable, the bathrooms were not as clean as we expected! Room service took almost 3 hours (unacceptable). The front desk staff were excellent and always willing to assist.

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jenny Mykhailova, Other at JW Marriott Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2024

Dear RJB1215,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback. I am delighted to read that you found our location to be at your convenience during your stay. I have also shared the feedback with my front office team who were thrilled to hear they made your stay even more enjoyable. Rest assured your feedback and comments have been shared with our senior leadership team for further review and follow up to prevent future reoccurrences in regard to our cleaning service and room service wait timings.

Reviewed 9 March 2024

Definitely not at JW Marriott level I doubt it would even be a Courtyard by Marriott. I was really disappointed.

Rooms tired and dated – but clean.
I arrived on the late flight from Sydney I arrived tired and hungry. I asked for room service and they said to use the late night menu. I called room service number and said that I have a food allergy Could they tell me if there was any celery in one of the dishes. They said they would have to ask the chef. Fair enough.
I was called back 2 minutes later by reception to say there was no chef on duty and they had no idea of the contents of the food they just reheat them! The food was inedible and was lukewarm and totally uninspiring.
The mini bar contents looked as though I was in a soviet era 2 star hotel so I gave up on eating.
On returning to my room the second night; I got in to bed to find it had not even been made. Just the top cover pulled over it to make like it was looked to be made.
Towels were threadbare and a bandage grey colour.
I went to check out and even though there was a queue and more than one person on the desk we were told to queue up as only one Marriott person was dealing with check outs. It seemed the others were too busy to deal with guests s
I would stay at the Park Hyatt, the Intercon or the QT definitely not here and not at this price point

Room tip: Book elsewhere
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Nick P
Jenny Mykhailova, Other at JW Marriott Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2024

Dear NickpC8938JG,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us at the JW Marriott Auckland.
We understand the impact the feedback you have provided, had on your stay and we apologize for these of which we are committed to rectifying.

Rest assured I am working with our various teams to ensure each of the areas we fell short do not happen again, specifically for the lack information in regard to certain foods items and our services. This is not the level of hospitality we wish to provide and on behalf of the hotel I would like to sincerely apologize for your disappointing experience.

We do hope that you choose to stay with us here at the JW Marriott Auckland again in the future and when you do, please contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you.

There will always be a warm welcome waiting at the JW Marriott Auckland.

Take care,

Reviewed 8 March 2024

The foundations of the JW Marriott are good, the rooms are large and well appointed with modern TVs, comfy beds and well appointed bathrooms. The gym is also large, with good facilities. It's the experience that lets it down a little. Firstly, while the staff are friendly, there are often long waits for reception, with noi priority lines. The aircon in the rooms are noisy and the room service and coffee are sub standard.

I enjoyed my stay, but wish there was more attention to detail for a premium brand in the portfolio.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear JayHi96,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback. I am delighted to read that you found our location and the facilities to be at your convenience during your stay. I apologize for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay especially with our staff service. Rest assured your comments and rating have been passed over to our senior leadership team for further review and follow up to prevent future reoccurrences.

Reviewed 4 March 2024

Stayed at this property for a short 3 day business trip. Had lunch at hotel main restaurant twice. The first lunch service was alright, it was late in afternoon, the restaurant had only one other guest. The serve forgot what I ordered and when she came over to check my lunch and refilled my water, she spilled water over my shirt, but at least she was polite and she did come over, checked on my lunch, & refilled the water, which was way way better than the service I received the next day! I was the only customer the next day. The server was cold & unwelcoming, she did not come over to check on my lunch, and refill my water! After lunch I had to wait for over 15 minutes to get the bill. Keep in mind I was the only customer in the restaurant. I had to gestured to the restaurant manager over to get my bill, and when I stated I didn’t get any follow up service with no water refill. Her only excuse was that the restaurant was supposed to be closed to be prep for dinner reservation. I told her if that was the case the maître d’ should have told me and not seat me in the restaurant. I went to the restaurant at 1:45pm in the afternoon!
Then when I approached the front desk to pay for the bills, there were 4 front desk staff standing behind the desk without any guest. There were two that starred at me without any help then they starred at each other back & forth twice. I felt very uncomfortable because it seemed like they were trying to figure out which one of them should take care of me. Finally the male agent acknowledged my presence without any greetings. He wasn’t professional nor friendly during the transaction and later I found out he is the front desk manager.
Worst service ever from a 5 star hotel, I would perhaps expect this from a 3 star hotel! The soft ware of this hotel doesn’t match the hard ware of this property!

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Jenny Mykhailova, Other at JW Marriott Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2024

Dear Pioneer34895224647,

Rest assured I have passed on the feedback to our senior leadership team for further review and follow up on the areas we fell short to prevent future reoccurrences, specifically for the lack of acknowledgement in regard to your dinning and reception experience.

There will always be a warm welcome waiting at the JW Marriott Auckland.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 20 February 2024

Even though this hotel is undergoing renovations, it was very nice. The concierge, Ryan, met us as we drove up and was an absolute delight! Each person working there was very kind and attentive. Kristina, the front office manager, and I talked for several minutes while we were checking out and she, too, was delightful. Lily helped us to store our luggage before our departure. Upon leaving, she stated she wished we were going to be there longer so she could have the opportunity to show us around. Hope to return in the no too distant future.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jenny Mykhailova, Other at JW Marriott Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2024

Dear MamaTK,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at JW Marriott Auckland. I will share you lovely comments with the team - and especially to Lily, Ryan and Kristina for providing exceptional service.