Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Bonvoy member rate available
JW Marriott
$229
No prepayment needed
Book Now with Marriott Bonvoy
$229
$228
No prepayment needed
All reviews lovely view of the city pool and hot tub executive lounge pleasant stay coffee machine central business district duty manager lobby bar breakfast buffet is late check spacious room recommend this hotel new zealand walking distance titanium swagat gym
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2024 via mobile

This might be the worst Marriott experience I’ve had. First of all, the hotel is under construction and we did not know until we checked in. I have titanium elite status and no upgrades available. They are under staffed and can keep up at breakfast or the bar. The rooms are ordinary, nothing special. The front desk team is not helpful.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else
Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Jenny Mykhailova, Other at JW Marriott Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2024

Dear elizabethrK6478MT,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the JW Marriott Auckland. I appreciate you taking the time to complete our on-line guest satisfaction survey and regret to read that your stay has not met your expectations.

Thank you for being one of our Titanium elites and we apologize for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay especially with the breakfast, our reception staff and the current disturbance of the construction. Rest assured your feedback has been shared with our senior management team for further review and follow up to prevent future reoccurrences.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and the team and I truly look forward to once again welcoming you back to JW Marriott Hotel Auckland.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 6 February 2024

I am a Bonvoy Elite Gold member and whenever I have the choice, I always book a JW Marriott hotel or any other from Bonvoy group. I was more than disappointed in Auckland.
I didn't know breakfast was not included. When I discover that Elite members could have a special package with breakfast included, I asked at the reception to change my reservation and choose this option for the whole stay (3 nights, of which 2 had already passed). The answer was negative. It could not be changed (although nothing had been paid yet... I paid everything at the check-out on the last day).
I asked for a discount for the breakfasts already charged, the answer was negative. So the special package was only applied to the third and last day.

As for the breakfast, 60 NZD for a half-empty buffet, overcrowded breakfast room (I was even asked the first morning to sit at the lounge, where you only have small tables for a drink)... it is excessive and not worth it at all. It is not an adequate breakfast for a 5 stars hotel. And the worst surprise came when ordering coffee: any coffee other than drip coffee was extra charge. I found all the above insulting. I had never been treated that way at a JW Marriot nor at any Bonvoy Group hotels.

I sent an email to the manager, explanation the situation, as well as to the reservation team. No one answered my email. Again, I find this even more insulting.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank pilargil
Jenny Mykhailova, Other at JW Marriott Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2024

Dear Pilargil,

Please do not hesitate to provide me with further details in regard to your stay. I would greatly appreciate it in order for me to follow up and prevent future reoccurrences.

Take care,

Reviewed 2 February 2024 via mobile

We enjoyed our 2 night stay in this hotel. Convenient location to the wharf and shops and restaurants. Staff were so kind and helpful from housekeeping to the restaurant. We felt welcomed and appreciated.
Rooms are very well appointed with lots of lovely extras.
We would highly recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jenny Mykhailova, Other at JW Marriott Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Lizw2014,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback. I am delighted to read that you found our location to be at your convenience during your stay. I have also shared the feedback with my team who were thrilled to hear they made your stay even more enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to JW Marriott Auckland in the future - you will always have a warm welcome here.

Reviewed 29 January 2024

Horrible experience for 4 Nights. Allowed 4 Members of loud family in room for 2. Significant noise at 1:30AM and 6 AM complained but no change. Little sleep for 2 nights before they left. 3rd night Fire alarm at 3:21 AM. 2 hours for Fire Brigade to clear. No explanation. 10 attempts to call front desk only to end up in voice mail. Better to go to the Lobby. Hotel did not give me best rate. When confronted they agreed to change. Never did which would lead to a NZ$400.00 overcharge. Confronted them and they backed down. If lucky room gets cleaned by 4PM.
Worst experience in over 40 years. A Marriott lifetime Gold.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jenny Mykhailova, Other at JW Marriott Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2024

Dear brucefV8112WQ

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us at the JW Marriott Auckland.
We understand the impact the feedback you have provided, had on your stay and we apologies for these of which we are committed to rectifying.

Rest assured I am working with our various teams to ensure each of the areas we fell short do not happen again, specifically the lack of communication during the fire alarm and the noise disturbance.

We do hope that you choose to stay with us here at the JW Marriott Auckland again in the future.

There will always be a warm welcome waiting at the JW Marriott Auckland.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 25 January 2024 via mobile

This hotel is not up to JW standards. Housekeeping service was slow. One day we requested room service around 10 am and it was still not done at 5pm. Service in the Lounge/restaurant was even worse. There were not enough tables to seat the quantity of guests and at every meal I had to track down the wait staff to get coffee , water or place an order. Breakfast buffet was basic at best and not properly restocked. Due to a construction project there is no executive lounge. Even the concierge service was poor. We asked for an arranged taxi. The staff said they would arrange and call us to confirm. Two days later, still no confirmation. I do not recommend staying here.

2  Thank carola410

Dear carola410,

We understand the impact the feedback you have provided, had on your stay and we apologise for these of which we are committed to rectifying.

Rest assured I am working with our various teams to ensure each of the areas we fell short do not happen again, specifically for the lack of communication in regard to transport arrangements as well as the housekeeping service.

We do hope that you choose to stay with us here at the JW Marriott Auckland again in the future and when you do, please contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you.

There will always be a warm welcome waiting at the JW Marriott Auckland.

Take care,