“Always good - but pricey”

Depot Eatery & Oyster Bar
Ranked #44 of 2,221 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: New concept by famous Al Brownoysters, bistro food and great wines
Reviewed 22 July 2016

Reliably good food but a bit on the steep side, pricewise. They don't take reservations so it can be a bit of a roulette, especially if you are coming with a group. I'm not an oyster fan but I am told by those who appreciate raw slimy seafood that they are superb here.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,691)

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

I love freshly shucked oysters & they were succulent. The fish sliders delightful & the lamb ribs very tasty. The sweet pie was out of this world! The atmosphere is fun & the service is friendly & efficient.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Excellent menu - my picks Oysters, tuatua fritters, fish sliders. Leave room for the desserts. Attentive friendly waiters. I'll be back, highly recommend.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

We had a great time here with really good food that just kept coming and it was all rally tasty. It was really busy with a really good vibe. The food portions were a really good size with a good selection.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 19 July 2016

Yes I recommend this restaurant for the buzz, the service, the food - tapas - and excellent value for your money. They do not take bookings. The guy at the door took our name, suggested a bar to go to, and he promised to call me when a table was ready in 45 minutes. He did this on the dot, and our table was all set up when we walked back in from across the road. He and the rest of the staff were excellent, super service and efficient. I tipped $20.