“Dissapointed”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: New concept by famous Al Brownoysters, bistro food and great wines
Reviewed 7 July 2016

The food was average as one would expect oysters being served (3), service average as for cost totally over priced would have been NZ's beat-Bluff not pacific, totally over priced and service was barely average

Date of visit: November 2015
1  Thank sclan26
Write a reviewReviews (2,691)

Reviewed 5 July 2016

I was little bit disappointed, but the meals was really nice! I not feel comfortable with the service team

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank 0rion
Reviewed 4 July 2016

We needed to find some food at around 3pm for a late lunch to keep us going until a late dinner, on arriving we mentioned this to the wait staff who recommended us select a couple of small platters. We had the potato skins and the small meat platter. Both were delicious and fresh, arrived quickly. The staff were fast to see empty glasses and plates clearing them and asking if we needed more drinks. This seems to be sadly lacking in a lot of places in NZ. Over all the food was great and the staff were even better!

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank dickytim
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

Love this place!

You must try their range of oysters, and the snapper sliders! There are plenty of other yummy dishes too, but these 2 can't be missed.

You can't book, but turn up and give them your number, then go next door for a drink and they'll usually call within 20min when tables ready.

We sat at a big table with others, which was entertaining in itself.

Only negative for me is they serve the wine in a chunky water tumbler. Some people may love this, but it stops me spending much money on the nicer priced wines as I don't really savor them the same... Maybe they could offer finer tumblers for those fussy among us! Ha...

Highly recommend, the food and atmosphere is a fabulous experience :-)

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 2 July 2016

Everytime I come here, it's either busy or very busy. Popular place as it is well located for tourists, locals and corporate people. Food is great, always particularly love the sliders and fresh seafood such as the oysters and clams when they are available. Lovely staff and always offer complimentary bread even if we're there just for a drink. The only reason why I have not given it a 5 star is because I think the some of the staff could be more personable but they're busy I guess...

Date of visit: April 2016