Lowest prices for your stay
$312
Savvy Judge
Scarborough, Maine

Sofitel Auckland

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Mar 2024via mobile
Very lovely, elegant hotel with the perfect downtown location. Some minor fixes and it could be a 5 star…i.e. update the heating/cooling system, new carpets, proper technicians providing spa service, valets at door during evening hours…etc. Overall, however, pleased and would consider staying here again on my return to Auckland.
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 24 Mar 2024
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Specially the comments in regard to the technicians in the Spa is concerning so is the heating cooling system. We are working on the process in order to get this fixed.

At Sofitel Hotels & Resorts, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore, your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

• StayForLong
    $75
1.4 km from Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour
View more hotels in Auckland Central
3,646 results
All reviews luxury room viaduct harbour rain shower turn down service water view new zealand modern hotel comfortable bed room was large valet parking concierge auckland accor blinds ferries
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 March 2024

I would like to advise we paid over double the normal nightly rate. Tonight it is advertised for $367.00, they charged us $779.00 because the PINK Concert was on. An absolute rip off. The bathroom smelt so badly of old mould, only one tea spoon in the room. No rubbish bin in the Kitchenette, if you could call it that. We book with another couple and asked for rooms side by side and got level 6 and level 4. Also got charged $52.00 for carparking. I get an increase on a big weekend, but over double!!!!! How do you justify that??? What more do you give your guests than you give them on your $367.00 nightly rate. Not even bottled water. We stayed in room 626, do not take that room, we barely slept with the stench of mould coming from the bathroom. Nice towels, and comfy bed, but that is about it. Air conditioner does not work, had to sleep with the ranch slider open as the air conditioner ran as a heater.
I am in Hospitality, a Boutique Lodge in Taupo, I do not inflate my prices and wow, it was an eye opener as to what I give my guests. Not even a b/fast included in that rate, no fresh milk. NOTHING. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. I would almost go as close to saying the cost for 1 night to us of $847.62 was fraud
NOT HAPPY
WILL NOT RETURN
YOU HAVE HAD MY MONEY BUT I WILL NOT BE A REPEAT GUEST TO SOFITEL ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank travellernz1010
Reviewed 10 March 2024

It was our second stay in the hotel. Our first was in 2020 at the start of Covid in NZ when we were obliged with some other tourists to move from our initial hotel in Auckland to Sofitel until we could find a flight back to Europe. At that time, the personnel did really everything they could to make our stay as comfortable as possible. So we decided to come back one day to visit Auckland and to stay again at Sofitel. And we were very happy with our choice: nice room with big bathroom, very friendly staff (as well at reception as in the breakfast area as the housekeeping), nicely located in the harbour, very good breakfast buffet with extra à la carte menu item, etc. Again a hotel experience where we felt very welcome !

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2024

We stayed at hotel on February 21 and 22. We had booked for a superior room. For a superior room, it was ordinary. Firstly, I had to remove the dressing gowns to save hangers and space. The wardrobe was very small, if not non-existent.

The location of the television meant that we could not watch it comfortably since it does not turn and faces the window. No USB plug.

And finally, the noise and the view of the bus parking. The noise woke us up at 5:30 a.m. and ended the evening around 10:30 p.m. It was not relaxing, as we were undertaking a 17-hour flight to Canada.

What can I say about the staff on arrival, not very smiling and welcoming. We arrived at the hotel at 9am, we knew that the room would not be ready until 15 pm. We arrived at 14:45 the room was not yet ready, the person assigned us another room. Was it the same category we had reserved (Superior Room)? Let me doubt it was not worth $426.75 per night.

In addition, we had 2 friends who booked room 432 which was much quieter and much better equipped for half the price we paid.
We don't recommend .

Sorry for the mistake English is not my language

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johanne N
Reviewed 1 March 2024 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Sofitel in Auckland on my way home after a stay in New Zealand. I chose the hotel as a splurge. While in Auckland I stayed (at various times), at both the new Intercontinental and the QT. There are many things to like about the Sofitel, but for the amount of the room, I was surprised by the things this hotel lacked.
Once in the room I found a well stocked mini bar and coffee/tea station along with complimentary bottled water, cookies and chocolate, which was a lovely touch. I chose a club level room which was huge and had a great view of the harbor.
At a lesser priced hotel I would t have minded the frustrations I felt as I wouldn’t have expected what was lacking, but, as one of the two highest priced hotels in Auckland, night, i was frustrated by the following: No one at the drive up to greet and give directions to the registration desk, (not obvious). I can manage my own bags but I was never offered help, either upon arrival or at the registration desk. I ordered room service and my food was burnt. I would have asked for another but it was late and room service takes time as it is. In the bathroom there is a lovely bath, but not any bathtub amenities, including soap, (one small bar for the sink).Additionally, when I went to fill the tub, the drain handle was broken, (it came off in my hand), so I couldn’t open or close the drain. It was late and I didn’t call down. Other lesser priced properties in the same area, have more room amenities and kinder staff for 2/3 the price of the Sofitel. If it didn’t cost so much I wouldn’t complain, but at these prices, they need to do better.

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reto Borer, General Manager at Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2024

Dear BeMac7309

At Sofitel Hotels & Resorts, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 26 February 2024

Arrived at hotel where there was no one to help us with our heavy bags. Looked around waited nope no one.

Room was spacious and bright but the air con didn’t work & it was very stuffy. We called reception many times they said they would work on fixing it. The only time it seemed to work was very late at night & early morning.

Our TV didn’t work for most of the time we stayed they did it fix after my husband called 3 times.

The hotel bar was closed for renovations so we had drinks & some pretty appalling overpriced snacks at the hotel restaurant.

Hotel really looks tired in parts staff are generally polite & helpful.

All in all this does not feel like a 5 star hotel I would not recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple