“Fabulous French restaurant”

Ranked #28 of 1,984 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 December 2023 via mobile

This restaurant is a tiny unassuming looking place with fabulous food. Large menu with great prices. Everything we had was delicious. The dessert crepes were wonderful. Highly recommend!!

Date of visit: December 2023

Reviewed 28 November 2023 via mobile

Loved this small friendly restaurant. The French food I love was available and as I remember it from visits to Paris. We enjoyed escargots, duck rilletes, coq au vin, and duck a l'orange.

There was no sign in front but we knew the address so no problem

Date of visit: November 2023
Reviewed 22 November 2023 via mobile

Le escargot , beef bourguignon , cheese tarts , chequered tablecloths and Cote de Rhone wines .. absolutely perfect .. French food served by the French takes some beating and this place is spot on .. couldn’t believe how good it was .. our Auckland native friends had never been , I chose it by chance and they say they will be back often now they know how good it is .. Highly recommended

Date of visit: November 2023
Reviewed 25 June 2023 via mobile

I was looking for a place to have my brunch/lunch, just passed by this restaurant and was caught by its style, something made me want to have a closer look, without knowing what at first. Once I did, I understood what it was: it is a traditional French restaurant with typical decoration, and it was love at first sight, bringing me back to my home country
I asked the owner, who's not only French but
from Normandy where crepes come from, for his recommendation, he mentioned the Savoyarde galette (a galette being a savory crepe, and the Savoyarde one being with raclette cheese, bacon, onion, potato and cream)
I went for it, and I must say it was really REALLY yummy, just loved every single bite
I warmly recommended this restaurant, best one I've been to in Auckland/New-Zeland

Date of visit: June 2023
Reviewed 22 April 2023 via mobile

We stopped by for a late lunch on our first day in Auckland because the restaurant was within walking distance from our hotel. We enjoyed our meal, the ambiance, our friendly French waitress (a visiting graduate student) that we decided to return the next day for dinner. Le Garde Manger is an unpretentious French restaurant that serves delicious country style food (not fussy haut cuisine), in a relaxed atmosphere. I wouldn’t hesitate to return except the restaurant is 9,000 miles from home.

Date of visit: March 2023