“Interesting experience ” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of East Day Spa

East Day Spa
Ranked #2 of 51 Spas & Wellness in Auckland
More attraction details
Owner description: East Day Spa Auckland is a haven of calm, wellness and beauty in the heart of New Zealand’s biggest city. Located on the ground floor of SKYCITY Grand Hotel, we offer an alluring and seamless union of authentic eastern holistic healing traditions and premium western beauty therapies using pure, natural products. Mystical aromas and luxurious candle-lit interiors will greet you as our gracious and respectful therapists help you escape to a new state of beauty, wellbeing and inner calm. Relax your body, calm your soul and clear your mind as you awaken a new and complete you. East Day spas can also be found in Wellington, Melbourne and Bali.
Auckland, New Zealand
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Interesting experience ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Today I treated my sister and 2 friends to a massage
The appointment was lost but after some confusion it was resolved

I became slightly frustrated when after being placed in the chill zone was told to move and sit on the end of a chair while they attended to one of the paying customers...The older masseuse proceeded to inform me on the way to the room that my booking had been talked about at the counter and the staff all knew about this.my problem with this is I feel that my experience at your day spa was now out for all to hear...bad experience number 1.

After being placed in a room I stated thinking about how we had been treated or not in this case and asked to see the manager the lady returned saying she was to busy to come
This made me see red so I didn't have the treatment but waited with a extremely upset and uncomfortable feeling of being humiliated degraded .
Yes I am gay. But I'm also a paying customer and would not wish to have this experience repeated to any customer

I sadly have been given vouchers for here and this experience puts me off .

I have waited 3 months to hear from east day spa nothing not a im sorry ....I'm terminally Ill and would hate this to be the standard of service they deliver I'm really sad at the lack of compassion what started as a treat for my darling friends has been a horror story

Visited December 2016

Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The house of Zen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently had a 1 hour Swedish massage at East Day Spa. I found them to be very thoughtful, considerate and excellent at what they do. The surroundings are stunning are stunning and very Zen. I felt comfortable as they explained everything in detail to be before I went in. And what a great massage it was. Well done East Day Spa. I will be back.

Visited February 2017
Hawke's Bay Region, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

My husband and I treated ourselves to a couples 90 minute massage at East Day Spa. It was simply AMAZING! Staff were very attentive from the moment we walked in the door. Massage was fantastic and sooooo relaxing we both dozed off at some point in the treatment. We left feeling super happy and so very relaxed. We will be back!!!!

Visited January 2017
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“So Relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2016

I was given a full body massage for my birthday and was such a nice gift...from the minute you walk in thry pamper you offering detox tea or water and then the massage itself was great i nearly fell asleep. I havent had any other treatments there but im sure they would be just as good. I left feeling so refreshed.

Visited December 2016
Fort Collins, Colorado
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“They try hard to be a great spa”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2016

I've been to many spas, and was really looking forward to this experience. I set up things via email with the spa, and all seemed set. However, when I arrived, my appointment was running 20 minutes late. I was offered tea and water, but was never given my consultation, even after two people asked if I was new to the spa - so when I met with my therapist, we couldn't jump right into things. Changing room was clean, however they need one or two more larger stalls for changing, since the toilet stalls are kind of small and people walk in frequently. The gal that did my brow wax insisted on doing threading on them, even though I told her no, that I have problems with ingrowns. She did do wax on part and then to my surprise, started threading them. I politely asked her to please tweeze them, but she continued to thread, or feather, them. I asked again, and she finally reluctantly used the tweezers. I know in her opinion, threading is better, or easier, or quicker, but now I have two weeks of red bumps and pimples to deal with.
My biggest complaint about the spa was the staff that stand around everywhere, between clients, while they're changing, etc and talk. And not just whisper, but full on, loud conversations, giggling, and chatting while clients are trying to relax in their massage room or getting a foot rub. It was very annoying to have to listen to their chatter when all I wanted to do was relax and de-stress. It doesn't help that the walls are super thin (you can hear other therapists talking to their clients in the rooms next door) and they try to compensate by turning the music up louder. The treatments I had done were really nice, but I just didn't get the relaxation I was hoping for. Somehow, the who experience got a little more mixed up - while I was supposed to have a pedicure, they had me booked for a mani - and messed up times, so that I wasn't having my pedi in the nail boutique, but in the relaxation room which wasn't that comfortable. Other ladies around me were raving about their services. So I don't think it's all bad.

Visited November 2016