“So Relaxing”
Review of East Day Spa

East Day Spa
Ranked #1 of 56 Spas & Wellness in Auckland
More attraction details
Owner description: East Day Spa Auckland is a haven of calm, wellness and beauty in the heart of New Zealand’s biggest city. Located on the ground floor of SKYCITY Grand Hotel, we offer an alluring and seamless union of authentic eastern holistic healing traditions and premium western beauty therapies using pure, natural products. Mystical aromas and luxurious candle-lit interiors will greet you as our gracious and respectful therapists help you escape to a new state of beauty, wellbeing and inner calm. Relax your body, calm your soul and clear your mind as you awaken a new and complete you. East Day spas can also be found in Wellington, Melbourne and Bali.
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“So Relaxing”
Reviewed 29 December 2016

I was given a full body massage for my birthday and was such a nice gift...from the minute you walk in thry pamper you offering detox tea or water and then the massage itself was great i nearly fell asleep. I havent had any other treatments there but im sure they would be just as good. I left feeling so refreshed.

Visited December 2016

Fort Collins, Colorado
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“They try hard to be a great spa”
Reviewed 1 December 2016

I've been to many spas, and was really looking forward to this experience. I set up things via email with the spa, and all seemed set. However, when I arrived, my appointment was running 20 minutes late. I was offered tea and water, but was never given my consultation, even after two people asked if I was new to the spa - so when I met with my therapist, we couldn't jump right into things. Changing room was clean, however they need one or two more larger stalls for changing, since the toilet stalls are kind of small and people walk in frequently. The gal that did my brow wax insisted on doing threading on them, even though I told her no, that I have problems with ingrowns. She did do wax on part and then to my surprise, started threading them. I politely asked her to please tweeze them, but she continued to thread, or feather, them. I asked again, and she finally reluctantly used the tweezers. I know in her opinion, threading is better, or easier, or quicker, but now I have two weeks of red bumps and pimples to deal with.
My biggest complaint about the spa was the staff that stand around everywhere, between clients, while they're changing, etc and talk. And not just whisper, but full on, loud conversations, giggling, and chatting while clients are trying to relax in their massage room or getting a foot rub. It was very annoying to have to listen to their chatter when all I wanted to do was relax and de-stress. It doesn't help that the walls are super thin (you can hear other therapists talking to their clients in the rooms next door) and they try to compensate by turning the music up louder. The treatments I had done were really nice, but I just didn't get the relaxation I was hoping for. Somehow, the who experience got a little more mixed up - while I was supposed to have a pedicure, they had me booked for a mani - and messed up times, so that I wasn't having my pedi in the nail boutique, but in the relaxation room which wasn't that comfortable. Other ladies around me were raving about their services. So I don't think it's all bad.

6 Thank Snflwrs4hil
Maroochydore, Australia
140 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Relaxing city spa”
Reviewed 20 November 2016

I went with a couple of friends and it was perfect for a "girls day out" -- my girlfriends loved their hot stone massage, but I was a little disappointed with my deep tissue massage -- not only did it end at least 15 minutes earlier than my friends, but the therapist did not follow my request to focus on back, neck and scalp.....instead, I had an all body massage. I didn't complain at the time because it would have ruined my friends "bliss" -- we all were in the same room having our treatments.
Next visit to Auckland I think I'll check out different spa options.

1 Thank NYandAussie
Auckland, New Zealand
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“City spa”
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

I have attended the spa multiple times and that really says it all. Really relaxing experience if you are looking to unwind in the city. All the staff are very friendly and variety of treatments offered.

“amazing express manicure”
Reviewed 8 November 2016

I normally have my manicure done by Linh. She is very thorough and helps me choose
the right colours each time (Im sort of colour blind). Shes very efficient and friendly.
Shes pretty much the reason why I come back each time.