“Relaxing city spa”
Review of East Day Spa

East Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: East Day Spa Auckland is a haven of calm, wellness and beauty in the heart of New Zealand’s biggest city. Located on the ground floor of SKYCITY Grand Hotel, we offer an alluring and seamless union of authentic eastern holistic healing traditions and premium western beauty therapies using pure, natural products. Mystical aromas and luxurious candle-lit interiors will greet you as our gracious and respectful therapists help you escape to a new state of beauty, wellbeing and inner calm. Relax your body, calm your soul and clear your mind as you awaken a new and complete you. East Day spas can also be found in Wellington, Melbourne and Bali.
Reviewed 20 November 2016

I went with a couple of friends and it was perfect for a "girls day out" -- my girlfriends loved their hot stone massage, but I was a little disappointed with my deep tissue massage -- not only did it end at least 15 minutes earlier than my friends, but the therapist did not follow my request to focus on back, neck and scalp.....instead, I had an all body massage. I didn't complain at the time because it would have ruined my friends "bliss" -- we all were in the same room having our treatments.
Next visit to Auckland I think I'll check out different spa options.

1  Thank NYandAussie
There are newer reviews for East Day Spa

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

I have attended the spa multiple times and that really says it all. Really relaxing experience if you are looking to unwind in the city. All the staff are very friendly and variety of treatments offered.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

I normally have my manicure done by Linh. She is very thorough and helps me choose
the right colours each time (Im sort of colour blind). Shes very efficient and friendly.
Shes pretty much the reason why I come back each time.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

Arriving in Auckland after a 12 hour flight all I can say is Agus had flying hands! The quality of care Nd service was amazing and they know their work.
I also had a facial that left me floating with super rich feeling skin.
Upon departure I am headed back. Thank you thank you!

1  Thank leahwisdom
Reviewed 31 October 2016

I have been going to spas in NZ, Oz and US for 20 years and love them for feeling pampered, great service and coming out totally blissed and relaxed. I have trained and practiced in spa management and treatments, so I do expect high standards from a spa. This is the first spa experience I came away feeling totally disappointed, not relaxed and wishing I had not bothered booking and finally angry. I should have picked the vibes better from a colleague at work and my hairdresser, they had that hesitation in their voice when I asked what it was like. I booked a East Retreat $530 for 315mins. .On arrival was taken through choice of massage and facial oil and which scrub treatment, offered detox tea or lemon water. Taken to changing room. Changing room is really tiny, really just toilets, lockers and one shower, (have more room in my bathroom at home to change), had to move a number of times due to people having to go to toilet and me and the locker being in the way Given a bathrobe, which I would have thrown out due to the shabby condition. Steam/scrub was good but there was black mold over the floor and the vichy shower was rusty and chipped. Had shower after and the water was filling up due to blockage in shower waste pipe. Had great massage but as someone had forgotten to ask me at my initial consultation my choice for lunch, had to have lights on and make a choice before my facial. Relaxing not, but at least my therapist noticed the error. Next told to get changed, no one takes or tells me where to go so have to ask at reception and am told to wait in "relaxation room" - hardly that right next to main thoroughfare. Waiter who gave me lunch was the best customer service of the day. Had lunch, had to get up and ask again what what to do next as no one checked up on you or made you feel pampered in any way, it was more like a vibe you were interrupting them and they wish you would go away.Was finally asked if I would like a detox tea or water Was taken upstairs to nail salon, hardly a spa experience. Rachel was great and tried to make up for the low level of customer service experienced. Was given East Manicure and pedicure which I queried at the time but was told that was what was booked on the computer. As I had booked a month ahead couldn't remember exactly but was sure it had a warm milk soak. Was taken back down, in the changing room another customer said that there was an argument in the "relaxation room" which was not taken out of the room so that ruined any relaxation she had from her treatment. When I got home I checked on the "experience" and I should have had a Warm milk and sandlewood man/ped. Phoned to query and no one got back to me when they said, emailed and was suggested that I pay another $120 of treatments and would get an upgrade to compensate. This will not be happening. If you want a one off spa treatments but made to feel like cattle come her either rushed to one treatment or the other or left to wander around lost feel free to come here. If you want the true spa experience and come away feeling special, pampered and feel deliciously relaxed and not having to think,do not book here.

2  Thank doordontlikeit
EastDaySpa_1, Business Development and Spa Operations at East Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Dear Angela

Thank you for speaking with me and sharing your review on TripAdvisor about your recent visit.

I am happy to review your concerns so we may better understand your experience.

We look forward to seeing you next time and exceeding your expectations.

Kind regards

Suyin Ginn
Business Development and Spa Operations.