All reviews studio apartment boat show office hours great location wee hours of the morning on a daily basis great bars and restaurants nice apartment car park self contained washing machine and dryer road noise within walking distance would stay here again viaduct keys harbour
Reviewed 16 February 2017

We book at Latitude 37 but the apartments were all taken when we arrived so we were put in an apartment in the Point, which we were very pleased about, initially

The apartment is in a great location, over looking one of the wharfs, that housed super yachts. Which is a sight for sore eyes.

You will find a lot of wonderful restaurants and bars within a short walk away, as is the ferry to go to various out reaches and islands. I would highly recommend Culpeper for an informal supper or lunch

Queen street with all its glory as in Prada, Gucci, Ted Baker, along with other great stores, are just a stroll away. Britomart, the train station is also within easy walking distance.

The apartment its self, is a little tired in decor but passable, and a bit far from comfortable, there is a well stocked kitchen, washing machine and tumble dryer and has a decent size deck.

You are possibly wondering why such a low rating, as so far, five stars would have been more fitting. ..... well let me tell you

7.30 am every morning, but sunday, a work gang of pipe layers arrive right outside our balcony and start construction work, and I mean every morning, we have been at the apartment for two weeks at the time of this report and I have another two weeks to go! The noise is unbearable. Not the fault of the letting people but they could have told us this before arriving so we could have made the decision not to have any relaxing lie ins ......... but we would not have wanted one even if we had the chance ......

The bed is one of the most uncomfortable beds I have ever tried to sleep on. It was extremely soft, and I mean, really very very soft (I suffer a bad back so totally unsuitable) the bed linen is a lot to be desired, the sheets are ok and clean with no rips or staining, but not of high quality, the duvet is of poor quality, has no cover just sandwiched between two sheets, the type of duvet you would give the dog. We complained to the management who told us this is not the first time it has been mentioned but the owner was not willing to change the bed because they are taking over the apartment and will change it then, I pointed out that we had paid approx £4,500 and for that I expect a good nights sleep. The person we spoke too said she understood totally and we see what she could do. She managed to get a change of mattress which is too long for the base, but it is still not as comfortable as I would expect for such an expensive holiday. She did say she would encourage the owner to replace the bed, but so far after two weeks nothing. I have not had a decent nights sleep so I am not the happiest bunny.

The bedroom has no opening window, and is rather small, hot and stuffy, the air-conditioning is efficient but extremely noisy so you have the choice of sleeping with no air or a rattling vent.

Cleaning the apartment is carried out on the anniversary of your occupation, we got back from a day out to find a note on a bench, this in its self annoyed me as I would expect notes under the door and not placed inside without prior knowledge of someone letting theirself in. The note said the cleaners would arrive 9am the next morning for cleaning, far too early so I requested a later clean, they did not turn up, and as it was a friday we had to wait until monday to ask where our cleaners where, the arrived tuesday at 10 am. They were really nice and did a good job.

So unless you don't need any sleep or enjoy construction noise to wake you every morning at 7.30am if you do accidentally nod off this is the place for you, however, if you value sleep and needed a holiday badly because you are exhausted from the daily grind then you will need to find somewhere else.

One upside .... free wifi

Room Tip: cannot advise
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlmaA713
Reviewed 12 February 2017

We had a week in Auckland to visit a friend and stayed at Latitude 37. Very nice people in the office but we arrived outside office hours and found the directions confusing. Could not find the lift in the garage (there was one but no signs) and ended up lugging suitcases up 3 flights of stairs. Once there it was a wonderful apartment overlooking the marina. Nice touch was the tea, coffee and milk left for us as well as a couple of pouches of wash powder. Great beds and lovely bed linen. There is a charge for internet.

Room Tip: West side 2nd floor overlooking water
Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

A great location right in the best area of Auckland- the viaduct Americas Cup district. Everything is on your doorstep here party places - the hotel is well appointed comfortable with friendly service

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2017

Occupied a Loft apartment for a period of three months (Sept-Nov) while on work assignment in Auckland.

Apartment itself was great, very clean, very comfortable and is in a great location in Auckland's Viaduct Basin. Very quiet also considering the reasonably close proximity to bars/restaurants in the Viaduct Basin.

Was equipped with SKY TV. No A/C but certainly during my stay it was not needed at any time.

Latitude37 is NOT a hotel - the onsite office is manned business hours only however the staff were courteous and friendly in dealing with any request I made - added to a positive experience all around with Latitude37

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

No housekeeping, no products refurbished, no reception during the week-end, outrageously expensive limited internet, asking u 2 NZD to print a page for you whereas you pay hotel prices for a place which is very forgetful and has no view. I am not sure that reading the fine print wud have helped me understand that this ain't a serviced apartment. If I wanted an air bnb I wud have gotten one, this establishment has no place on Expedia.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo