“Great food and atmosphere ”
Review of Coco's Cantina

Coco's Cantina
Ranked #122 of 2,468 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great staff and atmosphere at this busy local restaurant. It’s wasn’t a planned destination on our walk up K road but I’m pleased we stopped. The service was excellent and the rustic style Italian food very good and not over priced. I’d definitely go again

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Although not a regular patron whenever we have dinned here the whole experience has been excellent.Recently we had a family dinner here on a Tuesday night and meal was exceptional,generous servings,delicious original food.The service is great and with out exception all the staff are fantastic to deal with.I seriously rate Co Co's.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Food and drink was ok and the service was fine. However it was quite expensive for smallish portions of tapas and the wine seemed overpriced. K'Road is a bit out of the centre and this place for us wasn't worth the walk. However it has a young vibe and may suit others more.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

As soon as you walk in the door you are immersed in the wonderful ambiance. As it is popular we had about a 20 minute wait at the bar before a table came available this was not a problem as part of the experience is the theatre created by the staff and dinners. The food was good as was the service. The Italian based menu is mid to high priced. Most enjoyable and likely to go back simply for the ambiance of the place. Thank you.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 17 September 2018

I went for a friends 35th birthday on 6th September. There were 10 of us, who had starters and main - which were lovely, plus plenty of drinks to accompany with a bill of nearly $900+ within 2 hours.
On arrival I asked if they could put a birthday cake in the back so I could surprise my friend, I was told it would be $5 per piece cut and given out??! So $50 for us to eat our own cake, I could understand if they offered a cake to buy, or if we weren't having a meal there and were just coming in for our own cake.
However expecting us to pay was a joke, had we of been able to eat the cake for free we would have most likely spent a further $100+ behind the bar rather, but as we would have to pay we left after dinner with the cake, and went to a bar a couple of door down who were very accommodating. Very silly policy, obviously management are very short sighted - it is best policy to ensure the customers are happy. For the sake of a cake, even if it had been $2 a head we could understand, but when you have paid $50+ for a cake, to pay a further $50 to eat it was not happening. Silly little policies like this will mean none of us will be eating there again, plus the other people who heard about it the next day. Small businesses need protecting, but it works both ways for customers too.

Date of visit: September 2018