“Mum and daughter night ”
Review of Coco's Cantina

Coco's Cantina
Ranked #122 of 2,468 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

My daughter had been to coco before but this was my first time. There was about a 20 min wait which was fine for us to have a wine and watch the wonderful sights. Taken to our table the wait staff were polite and attentive. They even made a joke or too it was lovely, made you feel like part of the scene. The polenta chips are outstanding. I loved my pork belly and my daughter enjoyed her ravioli. Beautiful flavours and worth the visit. It was a little pricey but we enjoyed our experience so can’t complain really.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We had just landed in Auckland and wandered from our hotel, stumbling on Co Co’s by chance. It was heaving, but they found us a table and we enjoyed an excellent meal from their Monday date night special menu. Excellent value, and great food too. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Coco's Cantina seems to reverberate with good vibes. Certainly our server was upbeat, informative & proud to be working @ Coco's. And, she touted all the dishes on the relatively short menu.

As newbies we were not familiar with the menu, but many of the customers looked & acted like returnees. They appeared to know what they wanted to order or they wanted to know the night's specials.

There was only one on our recent night's visit - porai fish in a "tomato & olive sauce". I passed but went for the organic Jerusalem artichoke, lemon & ricotta ravioli w/ burnt butter & chervil. It was an ample tasty portion but not as amazing as I'd expected. The artichoke flavor eluded my buds most of the time. I thought pricey for a ravioli pasta dish -- $30?

The polenta chips which have gotten raves were deep fried delish but again, a small order or a bit overpriced. The fact that I could order a 2014 Margrain Pinot noir by the glass was impressive. Their tiramisu dessert was one of the better ones.

Finally, one could be warm and cozy in their dimly lit cantina but we choose to be outside under the heaters and enjoy the rainy night air & ambience of K' Road.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Service was friendly and quick even with some larger groups coming in. Food was delicious, recomend the tiramisu. Price was reasonable.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Coco’s has almost reached iconic status on the Karangahape Road strip and that’s largely because the food is sensationally good. Using top quality local produce to develop an essentially Italian menu I have never had a bad meal there. My favourite dish is the melt-in-your mouth pork belly with a delicious crunch (that wont break your teeth) and a warm apple accompaniment... scrumptious! The menu isn’t too large which means great care is taken to showcase seasonal ingredients. There is a well-stocked bar with Happy Hour prices for both food and drink. Its clear that Coco’s is popular and thats why they don’t take reservations... except for large groups. If a table isn’t available immediately just pop your name on the blackboard and take a seat at the bar or have a wander down the very eclectic K Road. The waiting staff are mainly students and are a vital part of the Coco’s family as is everyone who contributes to the smooth running of this excellent restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2018