“The best restaurant I've been to!!!”
Review of Sidart

Sidart
Ranked #8 of 1,968 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: International
Good for: View details
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Sidart Restaurant is an award winning fine dining restaurant located in the Three Lamps Plaza, 283 Ponsonby Road, Ponsonby, Auckland. We are open Tuesday to Saturday for dinner from 6pm and Saturday's for lunch. We are closed on Sundays and Mondays.
Reviewed 22 April 2023

The service was absolutely incredible our host was amazing and answered all my questions happily and even gave me recommendations for which non-alcoholic cocktail would work well with what dish was coming next my favorite of which being the Nogroni we ordered the extended series which was the 12-course degustation menu. the menu started off with a bang a one-bite fish and chips dish that blew me away and the surprises kept coming through the night with dishes such as market fish with oyster mushrooms, wild shot venison with cardamom foam and masala pickled carrot, and a feijoa sorbet with a dill sauce, pistachio crumble and kaffir lime meringue. my favorite dishes of the night have to be the dry-aged duck with the date and blood orange oil sauce and the hot chocolate balls that exploded in my mouth with a rich dark chocolate ganache. I came for my 16th birthday and I even got an extra sweet treat from the kind people at Sidart and a few copies of the menu to take home. everything at this place was divine from the atmosphere to the service and food. I highly recommend this place to anyone who loves amazing food and is willing to try new things or things that aren't what they seem. special thanks to our host who was the young man with the black earring thank you for your hospitality and kindness. 10/10

Date of visit: April 2023

Reviewed 12 April 2023

The service and food was incredible! Loved it all so much. Our waiter was very attentive and professional. Everything was perfect. Thank you :)

Date of visit: April 2023
Reviewed 18 March 2023 via mobile

The food and flavors were amazing. Innovative combinations of ingredients that seemed atypical but work harmoniously to provide a unique dining experience. Kudos

Date of visit: March 2023
Reviewed 13 February 2023

As soon as you open the door to the restaurant you're transported into a lovely ambience with views of the Auckland CBD skyline. The restaurant feels high-end while also still feeling warm and intimate.

My partner and I were so impressed by the food, service, and wine pairing and thoroughly enjoyed our night. Joe (who is the restaurant manager and sommelier) served us most of the night and gave us beautiful descriptions of the food as well as the wine pairings. It felt like he knew so much about the wineries and every explanation felt very personal. Sidart is very lucky to have him! Lesley (exec chef and owner) also served us a few of the dishes which were very inventive and delicious.

Through the wine pairing (I picked local wines!) I discovered so many NZ wineries that I definitely want to visit, and Joe even printed off the menu and wine pairing list for me because I asked a few times about the wines we were served.

I would highly recommend coming here, and make sure you uber so you can enjoy the wine pairings together as it elevates the entire dining experience. Thank you so much to Lesley, Joe and the team at SidArt for a lovely dinner!

Date of visit: January 2023
Reviewed 10 February 2023

We had the most incredible meal and they totally catered to 2 people in our party being celiac and allergic to dairy. When each dish arrived you couldn't tell that ours looked any different--they totally recreated the dish sans gluten and dairy. The staff was also amazing. I can't say enough good things. A must dine for a very special meal.

Date of visit: February 2023