“Great service, innovative cuisine”
Review of Sidart

Sidart
Ranked #8 of 1,968 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: International
Good for: View details
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Sidart Restaurant is an award winning fine dining restaurant located in the Three Lamps Plaza, 283 Ponsonby Road, Ponsonby, Auckland. We are open Tuesday to Saturday for dinner from 6pm and Saturday's for lunch. We are closed on Sundays and Mondays.
Reviewed 14 November 2020

This was a special treat for my granddaughter's 16th birthday. The wait staff and Maître D' were very attentive and knowledgable without being over-solicitous. The food was absolutely delicious and unusual. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: October 2020

Reviewed 25 September 2020

Fine dining at its best, with an exceptionally knowledgeable head waiter. The food wine here is really top quality with bursts of flavour throughout. The only thing I can falter here is the ambience - I felt I was in a city apartment building with bad art at cheap seating for a restaurant of this class. I'm looking forward to visiting Cassia.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 10 August 2020 via mobile

We had the chefs table for our friend’s birthday. The food is absolutely stunning! May go for the window with a view next time; as the views across the city are incredible. Expensive, but worth a special occasion.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 6 August 2020 via mobile

My wife took me as a surprise to Sidart for my birthday, I asked if I should wear “my staying at home shorts or going out shorts” to which she replied better wear dress shirt and pants.
If you enjoy fine dining and Indian food, this is the place for you, we loved the fusion of food and ambiance of the restaurant. Plates were beautiful and tasted even better. My wife is vegetarian so accommodating her with a degustation meal is usually challenging, they exceeded our expectations and made our night exceptionally memorable. Will be back when in NZ

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 13 July 2020 via mobile

We ordered Chef's table experience for 4 of us. To be clear, we are very keen foodies and tried many places before including other fine dining restaurants in NZ. However, we were quite disappointed with the experience given what we paid for. We love the snacks very much but from there on all 5 out of 7 courses were quite similar in flavour, just with different protein. The website doesn't say it's an Indian restaurant so it's a bit misleading. We agree that the execution is great the protein is cooked to perfection. But if it's just good cooking we could have gone elsewhere and pay much less. We expected more interaction with the chef other than just explaining the dishes which is not much different from other diners, or had us experiment something special at the table. The seating is not ideal either. I was facing my back to the kitchen so couldn't see anything in the kitchen unless I kept turning around. Would not recommend, I personally think it is overrated and is not worth $195pp.

Date of visit: July 2020