“5 Reasons Why I Love Hello Beasty”
Review of Hello Beasty

Hello Beasty
Ranked #6 of 1,978 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Description: Contemporary NZ fusion cuisine, inspired by the cuisines of Japan, Korea and China. Relaxed all day dining on Auckland's Viaduct Harbour. Open every day from 12pm.
Reviewed 30 April 2021

1. Service. Welcoming and friendly, kudos to Emma, co-owner (along w/ chef and husband, Stu) running front of house - she was amazing!

2. Heart + Soul Cocktail. Immediately caught my eye, made w/ Hwayo Soju 25%, vanilla & rhubarb shrub, lemon & egg white foam, it was delicious, lovely sweet/sour combination, hints of marshmallow.

3. Mouthwatering Food. Menu brings together fantastic NZ produce, takes inspo from cuisines of Korea, Japan and China. We ordered: NZ Oysters (shucked to order, w/ fresh wasabi & pickled ginger - GAME CHANGER!), Steamed Pork Buns (like pan-fried mini Baos, w/ Japanese black vinegar & chili jam), Katsu Sando (crumbed chicken, cabbage, mayo & tonkatsu sauce in a toasted soft milk bun), Korean Fried Cauliflower (very moreish, perfect batter and crisp), Karaage Chicken (crispiest I’ve ever had, perfectly tender and seasoned), King Prawns (cooked on Hibachi w/ garlic kombu butter & prawn oil) and Spring Onion Flatbread (w/ green koji, BUT better mopped up w/ garlic kombu butter).

4. Decor. Loved the vibrant decor, especially the giant pink neon Maneki-neko on the back wall. Not only is it super cute, but the whole restaurant glows.

5. Location. Conveniently located in the Viaduct and in a prime spot! Great place for a date night, dinner w/ friends, or a few cheeky cocktails before town. Even though it does not have direct harbour views, book a table in their open-air courtyard and I can guarantee you will have a fun night!

Date of visit: January 2021

Reviewed 24 April 2021 via mobile

Was a work dinner and I didn't have high expectations as when I read the set menu it didn't inspire me, but I was wrong, the food was delicious.

Great service, friendly and efficient, my only complaint was the table we were at, I was seated at the back in the middle and it was impossible to get out without making everyone stand up and move - also sitting for an entire evening on stools at a high table really is not comfortable.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank 83nikk
Reviewed 8 April 2021 via mobile

Eating alone I sat at the table overlooking the kitchen. Was great to watch the chefs in action. The waitress was very friendly and suggested the cauliflower which was amazing. Hoping to go back and try the sweet corn next time.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 21 March 2021 via mobile

Went to Hello Beasty tonight and the only disappointment is that we can only give 5stars.
The service was attentive, but not overbearing. While the food was beautifully presented and even nicer to eat.
Great meal, great service and the price is what you should expect for this level of quality.
We would happily dine here again.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 21 March 2021 via mobile

1st timer and I was WOWed. The service was amazing and food incredible - I mean it. I've already told everyone I've met. Try it you won't regret it.

Date of visit: March 2021