“Perfect place for lunch”
Review of Huami

Huami
Ranked #549 of 2,372 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Been living in Auckland for several months, but only recently tried Huami. It was recommended by a local Chinese friend, so I was confident it would be very good. And we had a very nice lunch including the roast duck, which was truly delicious. We also enjoyed some Dim Sum which was equally good.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

The new bright and shiny Chinese restaurant has an amazing fitout. Also very pleasant knowledgeable staff but the service is very slow. Two dishes didn’t even arrive. What we had was good food especially the dim sim and the Peking duck is not to be missed. We were seated in a corner and the entire meal was spent with crowds from the casino peering through the window at us so I& you go asked to be seated away from the windows. My second visit since it opened but a few teeething problems I think.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This restaurant has the most incredible Chinese food. Michael who was our waiter for both visits was amazing. We were so impressed we let him order for us both times choices could not be beaten for balance of taste.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Visited without a booking. Was fairly full but managed a table. Warm welcome and very professional. Waiting staff all very friendly and had great knowledge of the menu. Wine waiter was trying to up sell which annoyed me as I knew what I wanted but he continued to debate why his suggestion would be better (at another $40). The food was excellent. The dumplings for our entree were beautiful, for our main we had a chili prawn dish and a chicken dish. Both were excellent. The prawns were absolutely beautiful and were some of the big I have seen in a NZ restaurant for some time. I would return to have them again. All in all. A nice night. Would have given it 5 rather than 4 if the Wine Waiter didn't annoy me so much.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Booked this venue for a special night for my wife and I left feeling grease laden after paying $280 for the privilege!
We ordered the deep fried chicken and salt and pepper to start. The squid was rubbery and the chicken was just chicken with no X factor at all. Holding our breath for the Peking duck to rectify our view, we were again disappointed. The skin was not crispy and the wasn't rendered. Needless to say we left 1/2 on the plate. We then had pan fried beef with Sichuan pepper sauce. The beef was tender but I could barely taste any spice. I again gave this a "D" for DISAPPOINTED. We compared it to "Master Chinese" in Panmure (which is a cheap eat) and both felt that their food would beaten Huami hands down.

On the plus side service was great and our waitress was charming. But if you truly want a Chinese fine dining experience give these guys 6 months to sort their act out.

1  Thank Ross W