“Vegetarian options not great”
Review of Huami

Huami
Ranked #312 of 2,456 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Description: Behind the big red doors on Federal Street lies Huami, a Chinese restaurant boasting traditional cuisine with a modern twist. Our exquisite menu showcases dishes from regional provinces across China including Canton, Sichuan, Huaiyang and Beijing. Huami focuses on using fresh seasonal produce and bold flavours, featuring signature dishes that include: wood-fired Peking duck, handcrafted dim sum, braised New Zealand abalone and crayfish. Esteemed Executive Chef Jeff Tan, who has an impressive career running some of the finest restaurant kitchens in Asia and the Middle East, is behind Huami's incredible food offering. If it's a drink you're after, perch up at the Huami Bar that offers an exclusive range of armagnac, cognac and whisky as well as a specially developed cocktail list. Huami’s extensive wine list has been curated by New Zealand’s only Master Sommelier, Cameron Douglas. Huami delivers a lively, relaxed, smart dining experience for all.
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Although this restaurant has a couple of vegetarian foods on the menu the selection is not great. The vegetarian spring rolls were quite nice tho a little too fatty. The vegetarian dim sims were pretty tasteless. Thank God for the sauce. And difficult to eat as they broke up easily. The vegetable section was pretty much your only vegetarian choices. All sounded bland and not like an actual interesting meal. More as sides to go with the meat and seafood dishes. Some even had minced pork with them. For Chinese it is very disappointing options. The staff are very lovely and attentive, however. And the atmosphere is nice. My partner had a prawn dish. Apparently really juicy and tasty. They very kindly acknowledged the lack of vegetarian choices. Deducted the din sims and brought us free tea saying they will revue the menu.
Just have to add one more thing. My partner won't let me go to the toilet. Apparently the walkway to the toilets has a glass wall showing the meat block and cleaver and all the ducks hanging lined up in 2 x 2 in a row. About 30 ducks with name tags on them. Even he was disgusted.

1  Thank KushlaR1

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Spent a couple of hours with hubby at this restaurant - loved the dumplings , much more care had gone into the dumplings into comparison of the Jade dragon in last couple of years - they held together and had quite a few options - Also had a wonderful bottle of rose , also tried the pancakes - didn't try the more expensive sides of the menu and watched them topping up the fish tank to chose your fish :( couldn't chose a fish to eat - but others didn't seem to have a problem - Lovely to see some of the staff from Jade dragon ( do miss the speed of jade dragon for lunch ) but love this new - next level restaurant

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I wanted to eat in a very good restaurant, I pass this Huami which looks very nice from the outside and the inside.
I decided to indulge myself and have a table.

As a starter I chose a fried crab, which I didn't even taste the crab, so I decline this starter and asked for some dumpling before having my main course.
The dumplings weren't special, just basic.

For my main I choose my favorite meal : the king crab.
The crab was cooking on egg...
The taste had no one flavor at all, I just appreciate the softness.

At the end, I am told that the supervisor/manager will come to see me, but not.

In conclusion, I paid for myself 144 NZD, for a starter that I didn't eat, some basic dumpling, and a king crabe unsavory. Service good.
I really dont recommend this restaurant.

my email if the KSYCITY would like to answer me : h.loriotlacarre@gmail.com

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Had a great dinner at Huami the newest restaurant in the SKYCITY Federal St precinct. I would best describe Huami as a fine dining Chinese restaurant. We went for the Huami Nectar menu which is a set menu of many courses for NZD$90 per person. I thought this was good value. Duck seems to be their specialty and they didn't disappoint. The service was outstanding and like most of SKYCITY's restaurants, the fitout was high end. One tip, if you do the set menu, allow enough time to go slow through the dinner and really enjoy the experience. We unfortunately needed to rush to get out to a show.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

We had a lovely meal but ordered way too much food after adding a couple of additional dishes on the recommendation of our waiter who said the dishes were quite small. They also kept asking if we wanted to order more wine, even when we said we'd had enough. Because if the upselling the meal ended up quite a bit more expensive than the expensive meal we would have had. The menu is definitely more expensive than other Chinese restaurants. We were happy to pay the premium for what we could eat (it's a beautiful restaurant ), just annoyed we were talked into ordering more than we needed