“Rotorua, Taupo, Waitomo”
Review of Kiwiana Tours

Kiwiana Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Kiwiana is owned and operated by local New Zealanders Dave Ovenden and Catherine Kirk who are well travelled and whom have hosted international travellers from all over the world for the past 15 years. All of our tours are guided by people who can help you find what you are looking for and understand the needs of the local and international traveller. They are on hand to provide sightseeing and commentary on things of interest, and generally help you find amazing things on and off the beaten track. You are free to use them as much or as little as you like.
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I booked a weekend for Rotorua, Taupo and Waitomo with Kiwiana Tours and I really enjoyed my trip! The tour leader was really funny and friendly, there was a good atmosphere throughout the all trip. I discovered beautiful places and experienced the Maori culture! I truly recommend this travel company!

Date of experience: June 2018
"passengers"
"knowledge"
"driver"

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I went the day tour to Coromandel with Burn. He was so much fun and very informative and we laughed with our stories throughout the whole day :)

We started the tour off with the Hot Water Beach which is awesome. I was thinking the water would be slightly warmer than the sea but it actually gets steaming hot in some areas, just metres from the cold ocean! I defo recommend being in the hot water then running to refresh in the ocean and getting back to the hot water, it feels so good for your muscles!

Then we had some food and the area we went to made me the best chicken burger I have ever had!

In the afternoon it was off to Cathedral Cove. It was a pretty long walk, harder coming back as it is a pretty steep climb so I recommend only taking what is needed so you dont have to carry so much back up the big hill. But defo worth the trip to see The Cove.

Had a great day! Thankyou Kiwiana and Thankyou Burn x x x

Date of experience: June 2018
Kiwiana T, Guest Relations Manager at Kiwiana Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Gina,

Thank you so much for your feedback.
We are really happy to know that you enjoyed your trip with us as your satisfaction is our priority.

We hope to see you again on our next trips :)

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Awesome trip, nice accomodation, fair price, kind and entertaining tour guides & lots of exciting activities in those three towns!!! In the bus on the way to Rotorua you’ll have the opportunity to choose from many intriguing activites! I definitely recommend you to visit Rotorua’s geothermal land and the Maori culture camp!
Thanks Kiwiana Tours for this amazing weekend trip! In addition, I’d prefer it if you pimped your buses to a unique Kiwiana Tours colour to stick it out form others.
Cedric, 20, former student of „Languages International“.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 12 September 2017

I'm writing this reveiw to praise how awesome Berrn was as a bus driver/ tour guide. During all journey he was very thoughful with everybody on bus, not just me, working really hard to fit everbody in every activity we wanted while keeping a fantastic sense of humor all time. I did Hobbiton with action tours and although the tour was great it wasnt nearly as pleasuble as with Berrn. I felt well informed about all extra activities and could enjoy the trip even more because of it.For that I say thank you!

Date of experience: September 2017