“Great breakfast”
Review of Sierra Ponsonby

Sierra Ponsonby
Ranked #1,559 of 2,413 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Have very nice big breakfasts. I had the full and my partner had the paleo. Coffee is great and the service was very good.
Staff were very polite.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

DIRTY! Had lunch here and when my Prawn salad came it was placed on a plate that had a layer of oil and dust. It had been clearly been sitting on a shelve for a long time. When we informed the waiter, someone from the kitchen said they see nothing wrong and told me they do not use a brand new plate each time they serve a customer. When I touched the plate, I could feel stickiness. If they serve food on a dirty plate, I do worry about the standard of Health and Hygiene at this location?

We left all of our food and coffees. Horrible place and after this I am very reluctant to go to any Sierra after this experience.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

We went for a weekend breakfast and despite being one of the first customers, we were greeted warmly and made to feel comfortable. There was a large range of breakfast dishes including vegetarian options. The French toast was divine, as were the croissants. My friends had lattes and they were excellent. I would highly recommend Sierra Ponsonby for a tasty welcoming, reasonably priced breakfast. Sorry no photos.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

A visitor to Auckland. This place seemed popular annd turned out to be a great place to meet a friend for a catch up. The staff were welcoming and efficient. We sat in the outside area at the back which was really nice, I would return for sure.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

Pleasant surprise to find this Café open before 6.30am albeit 6.20am. Was politely welcomed inside as their first Customer of the day and ordered a good old fashion cooked big breakfast. By 6.45am there was a steady stream of Customers keeping the 3 guys busy-as. The breakfast menu has sufficient choice ranging from fruit & yogurt to a selection of cooked menu items.
The big breakfast meal was fine - not too little and not too much. I consider it very good value for the money - topped off with a superb coffee.
The layout of the café suits the busy pace allowing seating either side at small tables (for 2) plus a number of table and chairs outside the front of the café. Can't miss them as the seats are plastic & orange.

I could put two and two together to figure out this place had a following / routine of regular customers each day - for the coffee in particular. Was an interesting cross section of the community making up that customer base as well - in a good way.