“Best bubble tea in New Zealand”
Review of Hulucat Tea House

Hulucat Tea House
Ranked #922 of 2,403 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Taiwanese
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Whenever I visit Auckland I do not forget to visit Hulucat with my husband. We are like addicted to it. Price is very worth for quantity and taste. I always make sure to have their loyalty card stamped so I can get a discount on my 10th drink. I wouldn't recommend their creamy juice though. I find it too sour even though they say that it similar to a milk shake.
I reckon they should have branches all around New Zealand. And they should open their current shops little bit earlier I reckon.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Always have awesome service. The loyalty card is also a good idea if you go a lot. But always a nice treat hot or cold

Reviewed 29 July 2016

Have always been a big fan of Hulu cat but after tonight's service will think twice about visiting this location! We got all the way home a few weeks ago and found out that what we paid for was not what we had ordered...they had left out the egg custards and had not listened to our order which asked for less sugar! When we got home we rang and the girl was so rude. We cudnt believe how rude she was...the fact that we paid for the egg custards went right over her head and she just became more and more rude. We basically just put it down to her having a terrible attitude and gave up on trying to sort out the drinks! Tonight 28/07@ 9pm we had a similar experience, very rude answering customers back and laughing at people in Taiwanese when some of us white people can actually speak ur language and understand what ur saying...disgusting behaviour...u r in customer service ur job is serve!!! Yes it's bust but when people orders are sitting there, serve them! Their were people waiting for no reason when their orders were ready! Take the money fast shift on!!!! Customers were leaving as you took too long and spent ur time talking about the customers and making them wait for no apparent reason! I think Hulu cat needs to get this place staffed with the same type of staff that are at ur other locations! Always friendly, eager to please and always putting the customers first!

1  Thank sonia w
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

I was actually on my way to Chatime on Queen Street and stumbled upon this little shop on Wellesley Street. This shop was in close proximity to my hotel and so on this particular rainy, Auckland afternoon, I decided to give it a go (plus they had a wide variety of toppings, which I love!) I have to be honest and say that their selection is brilliant, albeit slightly intimidating! I would highly recommend checking out their website before you go. Since I hadn't tried bubble tea with milk before, I asked the girl behind the counter for her suggestion and she suggested the original milk tea with pearls. I also ordered the lychee green tea with lychee jelly. My favourite! A word of warning: bubble tea is really filling and can be VERY sweet. You have the option of adjusting the level of sweetness, so don't forget to ask before you order.

Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

Hulucat has been of great service on Dominion Rd, Wellesley St and Anzac Ave the past 6 years I have been going there to have meals and milk teas with friends. I always recommend to my clients and to friend and family to visit there when they are in Auckland. Sometimes service can be slow I admit this. Hulucat staff have great English and are friendly at times. Food choice is good if you are not picky. Drink choice is outstanding.

Tonight, the service delivered was disappointing. Had to repeat four times to order. Answered the phone half way through my order and wiped it off the screen to take the person on the phone order. Managed to get my order wrong and deliver the wrong meal to our table. Please make them read this post and ensure this doesn't happen again to other guests.

This is the reason, I rated average.

2  Thank Ludovic G